Monday 16 July 2012

So Grateful...

I am soooo ready for bed. This card, to be honest, was a marathon for me LOL! You may look at it and think 'What is she talking about?' but with my limited patience, I really had to use all my concentration for this one. I'm also sure that I watch a whole movie at the same time.... perhaps I shouldn't have lol.

Now, where to start?

First of all I followed the colours provided by Simply Stampin Colour Challenge. Then the Mojo Monday sketch was posted so I decided to put them together. Why do I do this to myself after 9pm at night? I really need my beauty sleep, but I'm sure noone in craft land cares ;)

Here is my card and then I will break it down a little..




This is the colour inspiration provided by Simply Stampin'


This is the sketch from Mojo Monday




I have used Very Vanilla cardstock for the card. Embossed the Soft Suede with the Lattice folder and the Crumb Cake with the Swiss Dots folder. I had to hand cut the circles (yes, I know I have to buy some circle dies) and the sentiment was stamped with Rose Red (stamp from the Apothecary Set). I stamped my Triple Treat flower three times - twice with Rose Red and once with Crumb Cake. I used the co-ordinating punches to layer the flower. The smaller circle has been embossed again with my Lattice folder.

I struggled with the colours as I have never used most of these before. Once it all started to come together, I really liked the combination.

Thanks for looking xx

Also, to all my blog friends. I have been a bit slack with visiting you all. I promise I will pop over in the next couple of days to have a look at your awesome creations.

15 comments:

  1. Love your card. Wower, I love how you used different colors for your card. I am going to put up mines soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great texture with the different embossing plates/folders! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely combination of embossing, Kylie. No wonder you were late in bed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie - really lovely card - well worth staying up for :o) I do that to myself a lot too. Isn't it a wonderful addiction to have??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is a wonderful addiction xx

      Delete
  5. These colors, the embossing and that pretty flower all came together beautifully! I know what you mean about feeling like you've run a marathon by the time you finish a card. Then the next card will go together in a few minutes. I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is a great card Kylie. Gorgeous mix of colours, think I might have to play with this challenge myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah the marathon - no pain, no gain you see. What a beautiful card, totally worth all the effort. And I know exactly what you mean about the addiction. Mine's new, but obsessive!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card... I love the color combo and the way it compliments the textures. GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!!Love all the banners and circles! Thanks for joining in the SSC!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the layers and textures on this, Kylie! Fabulous card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card - I love how you have focused the rose red on the flower. It really makes it stand out. Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Simply Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, lovely card Kylie, I love what you've done with the Triple Treat Flower and you made an excellent job of the sketch layout!
    Thanks so much for sharing your fab card with us at Simply Stampin' and I hope you play along with us again soon!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the sketch, I love all your different sized/coloured banners :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.