Friday 13 July 2012

JAI #126 - Sketch Challenge

Well, it's later than usual for me but once I started making this card, I just kept going and that was the end of that ;)
JAI have a sketch for us this week. Now, I had an SU delivery today. I had 3 new stamp sets to choose from (although I haven't used some of my other newbies yet) and I was just so stuck as to which set to use. I ended up choosing the Reason to Smile set (two step).

This sketch is pretty cool. I really should try more sketch challenges. I was a bit intimidated by them when I first started a couple of months ago, but after having a couple under my belt, I will try them more often.

Here is my card



I have used Whisper White as the card and then added SU DSP. Over that, I have used Whisper White and Red Riding Hood Ribbons. I have embossed the square piece of Crumb Cake cardstock with a Script folder. The larger of the Framelit Dies, I have sponged with Real Red and Whisper White ink. The smaller Framelit Die, I have stamped the two step flower with Perfect Plum and Basic Black. I also used the Perfect Plum to ink the edges and create the somewhat crazy pattern.

Here is the sketch from JAI
Click on the sketch to join in the challenge


I changed the circle shape to the Framelit dies as I STILL don't have any circle dies lol (well not big enough ones anyway).

I didn't add a sentiment to the card as I thought it just wasn't necessary.

While I am here, I would also like to say a big thank you to Kim and Patrice for their beautiful cards that I received in the post. I reckon there's nothing better than receiving a handmade card from someone.
Thanks girls xx

Thanks for looking xx


5 comments:

  1. mmm lovely bright red to put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie, it's great to have you play along with us at Just Add Ink. I love all the red you've used (I'm a real 'red' girl!). What fun, to have new goodies to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bright card Kylie - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pattern looks like tie dye. Love the effect. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha :) I had one of those nights last night Kylie! Its wonderful when you can carry an idea through to finishing. Love all your layers here, and your colours are really eyecatching. The plum really stands out against the red! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.