Saturday 14 July 2012

Lazy, rainy Saturday

Will it ever stop raining?? Well, it has set in again. I can't wait for our wet season, NOT!
I really shouldn't complain. It's the middle of winter here and I am walking around in shorts and t-shirt. Also, my new rose bush that was planted a few weeks ago already has three buds on it! Whoop!!

I was having a look around and saw 3, yes 3, challenges that I wanted to enter. The best thing was that I love all of them and couldn't wait to start.

I have entered these awesome challenges -



The colours I need to use were White/Black/Blue. I have used Whisper White cardstock with a panel of Basic Black and Ocean blue grosgrain ribbon for the outer panels. I have stamped the Merry Christmas stamp from my new Delightful Decorations Stamp set to create a background (first time to be inked) with Whisper White ink.
I have then layered the white and black cardstock, inking the edges of the first layer with Marina Mist. I have embossed the last panel and then added another stamp from my new set and used my new co-ordinating punch. I have used Dazzling Diamonds glitter to highlight the bauble. A little white and silver ribbon to finish off.


Here is my card -




Here is the sketch I used from Simply Stampin'


Thanks for looking xx
I will now go and check my feet for webbing ;)

17 comments:

  1. Oh, this is fabulous, Kylie!!! GORGEOUS blue sparkly ornament--LOVE it!!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT this week--and right out of the gates! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining us at CSAYL, too! ;D

      Delete
  2. hello Kylie, your card is so cute, i love it, thanks for your participation to Christmas Stampin' All Year Long challenge, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kylie I love your use of ribbon and embossing on this card! That ornament set is one that I loved but haven't used in a very long time - might have to pull it out again. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT! I think you were the first one last week too :o) so delighted you are playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us over at Christmas Stamping All Year Long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous take on the 52CCT colours this week.. I must make time to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JUst Gorgeous Kylie...FABulous colours.
    I LOve your new stamp. Thank you sooooo much for joining us at
    CSAYL.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can send some rain my way if you don't want it all. :) We are very dry here in the North East of the U.S. This is a beautiful card! I really like that embossing folder (?) you used; it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather,the folder is called "snowflakes" but I cant remember the brand. I bought it off ebay so I will dig around and have a look for you.

      Delete
  8. Hi Kylie - thanks for joining in at 52CCT this week with your gorgeous card - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. your card is adorable, i love those ornaments stamps! thank for playing with us at CSAYL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty, love that you used ribbon for your background, neat idea. Super sparkle on your ornament as well! Thanks for playing along this week at 55CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kylie!
    Stylish, lovely card!
    Thanks for sharing at Christmas Stampin All Year Long;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colours and all the embossing - saw it on Christmas stampin all year long x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so lovely Kylie - the sparkly blue ornament is absolutely gorgeous and looks superb on that embossed snowflake panel! Great job with both the the sketch and colour combo challenges!

    Thanks so much for sharing this lovely card with us at 52 {C}CT and Simply Stampin' and I hope you'll be playing along with us again very soon!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. AMAZING card! Thanks for participating in CSAYL's challenge! Hope to see you again!!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great sparkly blue ornament. The embossing is just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.