Wednesday 5 November 2014

Twelve Tags of Christmas

Hello! Well, the big day is getting closer - have you got all your Christmas cards/tags ready to go?

If you need more tags then you definitely need to check out what is going on over at Loll's blog

Loll contacted me quite some time ago and asked if I would participate in her 



and of course I said YES!!!


The challenge run until the 17th of November and there are daily Guest Designers joining Loll with creating tags to inspire you.


I had only made one tag before in my life prior to making this one so it was really fun to do this and especially for Christmas.

Here is my tag



I used a Tim Holtz tag die and started by embossing a script stamp with white powder. Then I went to town using different Distress Inks to blend over the top.

I used a spellbinder label die and SU sentiment embossed in white and continued with sponging ink over this.




The little holly and berries are from Impression Obsession.

A little bakers twine finished this off.

I hope I have inspired you to join along in Loll's tag event. It will be great to see you there. A huge thank you to Loll for organising this fun event and for asking me to be one of her designers!

Thanks so much for looking xx

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag Kylie. Love the white script background (my favourite background stamp!). The red colour is so deep with all the layers of sponging. Thanks so much for being a guest designer for my tag event ... you are the BEST! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is such a beauty, Kylie! Such rich colors! Love the script background in white...really sets off the focal point! Fabulous tag indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Kylie. I Love all your white heat EB and sponging with Distress inks. Your card really glows! I will definitely be playing again later today after seeing yours and Loll's creative and beautiful tags. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bg script is just stunning with the colors you used! Beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty impressive for being only the second tag you have made! I love the richness of your blended ink and the script in the background. (I also love your Addicted to Stamps Challenge - one of my favorite challenges to enter! Thanks for your work on that.)
    beesmom at splitcoast

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag is stunning! The depth of colour is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tag Kylie - love the embossed script and the rich colouring. Classy, with a touch of vintage - perfect!
    Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kylie, this is just fabulous. Love the rich deep redness over the script and what a pretty die shape to add over the top of the embossing. The tiny IO holly leaves were the perfect embellie to set off your lovely tag. I'm hoping to play along, but I'm not a 'tag' person either. Should be a great challenge, with the Lovely Loll. I'm off to visit her blog next...playing catchup once again. Then got to get a DT finished up and posted. THEN I can think about a tag! Big Hugs & TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't done many tags either. This looks like you've been making tags forever! Beautiful with the script and sponging! I love all that red!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you chose such a beautiful script for your background and the deep, rich red is stunning, Kylie! Really gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. all that embossing is fab and really detailed, love the rich colour x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really lovely tag! Rich and vibrant - love this. Your shading on the label is wonderful and really sets off the sentiment. Just fantastic. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous tag, Kylie! I love the deep, rich reds, and the script background is beautiful. Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful blending of color on your tag and sentiment label Kylie! LOVE the red - the text background and cute little holly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you serious, Kylie, that this is only your second ever tag? I'm in AWE, because this gorgeous tag is an absolute work. of. art. Everything about it - from the embossed script, to the sponging, to the sentiment, is spectacular. Consider me inspired!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowzers!!! Kylie :) I am in love with the reds in this, such a fab design!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.