Sunday 9 November 2014

Christmas Window

Happy Sunday everyone. I spent about an hour in my craft room yesterday having the Festive Friday inspiration photo in mind. I hadn't used a lot of my Christmas Dies for some time and decided to get them out and play.

I have created a Christmas Window (inspired by Kittie). I made a few of these last year and they are a lot of fun to make. Time consuming but fun :)

Here is my card -


I created the wreath using the Impression Obsession Twig Wreath Die (only the holly and berries) and the Pine Sprig Cluster Die. 

I stamped the background with the SU Serene Silhouettes stamp. I haven't used this one before so it was nice to use it in this little scene.

The window is the Grand Madison die from Memory Box. 

The cat is a die from Impression Obsession and I have added Baked Brown Sugar ink and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to make him look like my siamese cat, Gadget. I had a few sparkly berries left over so I gave him a cute collar. This is exactly what Gadget does when there are birds out in the backyard.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges

Festive Friday (photo - the wreath and the house)


Crafty Calendar Challenge - It's all about Christmas
Alphabet Challenge - T for Traditional Christmas


Thanks so much for looking xx

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Christmas window Kylie. LOVE the pretty outdoor scene you've created. The wreath has so much dimension with the sprigs, holly and berries. And the cat is the perfect finishing touch ... lovingly looking out at those delicious looking birds :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty Kylie! I love the scene behind the window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow~~ Love this gorgeous window! and the wreath is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is amazing, so mich detail bit still appears that very crisp x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is fantastic

    Malika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card and I love how you have made the cat into your very own Gadget! Brilliant idea. Love this Christmas scene.

    Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (All about Christmas) Challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kylie, love the beautiful scene you have created, lovely colouring and die cuts.
    pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this - the sponging is so pretty and the cat makes me smile! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the idea of the christmas window - thanx for playing along at the Alphabet Challenge.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card! Love everything about it! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful scene, Kylie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely GORGEOUS Christmas window, Kylie! I love how you shaded the sky and added the pretty branch and birds, and your kitty is the perfect touch! LOVE this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my this is SO amazing!! What a beautiful little window scene you have created here! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How LOVELY!!! Such a pretty design, and your attention to detail really pays off here! Just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Worth every minute! Love this winter scene and sweet kitty on the sill!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kylie, A beautiful card, loving the window scene. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.