Saturday 29 November 2014

ATCAS Challenge #53

Hi everyone! Today is the start of a brand new challenge for ATCAS. We also have a DT call throughout this challenge so if you would like to join a wonderful team who love creating Clean and Simple projects then you should apply!

I have to say goodbye to Marie (Mrs P, Ugly Bum, Sook face) as this will be her last post for us over at ATCAS. Marie and I have a very strong bond and were so lucky to meet each other over in Spain earlier this year. We had so much fun and I miss her to bits. I have a certain video of her dancing around the kitchen after we had a few beverages one day so I would just like to remind her that I know how to upload to YouTube now and she had better start being nice to me!!!! (insert evil laugh)

Right! Onto our challenge -

Here is the code word that was chosen by my Canadian Bestie, Loll


and our wonderful sponsor is 

Inspired by Stamping

The winner will receive a $20 certificate to spend at the store!


I have made two cards today. The first using IBS products -


I have used Acrylic Block Stamping for my background and I have created a video tutorial for this card. You can see it over on my YouTube channel HERE. Don't forget to subscribe. This is only my 2nd video so bear with me until I can purchase a better microphone :)

Stamp sets from Inspired by Stamping - Spring Lilacs and Big Holidays

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -

Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Little Miss Muffet - Clean and Simple


Here is my second card -


Using the same Acrylic Block technique, I masked off my panel to concentrate on inking up the centre of the card. Once this was completely dry, I embossed a tree from the Lovely as a Tree set (SU). Then using a silver sharpie, I drew the border and added dots to the background.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -

Time Out - Embossing with optional twist of Sparkle (my silver pen adds sparkle)
Fan-Tastic Tuesdays - Add one or more Trees

23 comments:

  1. Both card are so beautiful Kylie. Love this technique and will definitely be making some cards using it. Great video tutorial! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super dotty cards Kylie and thanks for the heads up on this challenge.
    Love the technique on the second one and thanks for describing it ... may have to give that a try.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are very dotty my friend and these are too stunners-will be watching the video soon. Oh and great to see you at TIME OUT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What brilliant cards Kylie, great technique, thanks for inspiring us.
    sorry you have lost a great teamie sister, would just love to see that video.....lol
    huge hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such stunning cards, Kylie ... I just love the white on blue Christmas tree with the touch of silver ... fantastic! Delighted you played along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so stunning!! I am so in love with ur first card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are really fabulous, Kylie! I love how you created your 'Dots' and how you played with your inks! Thank you so much for another great video! You're doing an amazing job with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic cards, I especially like the red and green one! Thank you for the inspiration! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are gorgeous Kylie but I especially love the 2nd one. It looks like it should be in a museum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fab cards Kylie, love this technique and your video is great, very clear 😀
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulously dotty cards Kylie! Great inking technique and a brilliant video.
    Hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning cards...love the watercolor look...I so need to practice that! Cannot wait to see the video!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards Kylie - I love your watercolouring and the touch of silver is beautiful too:) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both wonderful, Kylie! Awesome job with the technique and the colors are quite stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two stunning cards, Kylie! I really like the artsy look of your second card and the way you used the pen. Great job! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great grunge-styke cards! Love them both! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are beautiful, Kylie! Love the acrylic block technique - it gives such an artsy look and I particularly like the blues and silvers on the second card with the masked panel and gorgeous tree. It is great to see you at Time Out :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh darn it, Kylie, you're convincing me to give the distress inks another chance with these amazing acrylic block techniques! The blues on this card, with the embossed tree = swoon-inducing!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this technique and can't wait to try it! Two beautiful cards! I love the colors and the sequin trim of the first and the beautiful peaceful scene of the second!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your background, Kylie! Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely christmas cards. I love this clean and simple style.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kylie, they are both gorgeous, but I am obsessed with the green and red. You took traditional Christmas colors and totally modernized the look and feel, but with a nod to traditional. Absolutely gorgeous.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  23. Once again late getting to the party and was shocked to see that you are blackmailing me for all of the world to see !!! Don't worry I have held back so photos of our time together so you had better beware !!!!!!!! I have to say though in all honesty that these cards are amazing and certainly should be framed and wow what a great video is there anything you can't do woman !!! I would say that I am going to mis you terribly but I know we will meet again and hopefully here in Greece.

    Love yer guts now and always.

    Ugly Bum

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.