Saturday 15 November 2014

ATCAS Challenge #52

Hi everyone! Well, even though it is still spring here in Australia we are experiencing some very hot weather at the moment. Our top today is expected to get to 34 degrees celcius. Blah! I'm writing this post while sitting in front of a fan trying not to melt!

I am a very proud blogger today as it marks ATCAS' 2nd birthday! Wow, where has the time gone? I am so grateful to my DT for all their support and inspiration and also all the followers of ATCAS. Thank you!!


Our new challenge at ATCAS is being hosted by the lovely Karen has chosen this code word for you -


Yes, we have a sketch for you!! Now, with the birthday celebrations you would think I would have made a birthday card.... Nope, still trying to get my Xmas card collection going.


Here is my DT card -




I used a small Lil' Inker Stitched Rectangle die to mount my gold embossed ornament (from SU Delight Ornaments set). The sentiment is also gold embossed and from the SU Greetings of the Season set. Oh! I scored the lines first :)

We still have Linda L as our Guest Designer joining in the fun at ATCAS so please don't forget to stop by and say hi.

Our sponsor this week is 


and they will be giving away 3 images to our winner.



AND because it is a birthday celebration, I would like to also offer our winner a personalised watermark to use for your creations valued at $25US




Speaking of the personalised watermarks, I had a little competition over my blog post HERE where a randomly drawn commenter would win a free watermark and blog signature.

Chosen by Random.org is BONNIE!

Bonnie, please email me at kyliepurtell@gmail.com within 5 days to claim your prize.

************************************************

I woud like to enter my card into the following challenges -

Frosted Designs - White Space
Winter Wonderland - Christmas Decorations
Casology - Festive
and
Red Rubber Inspiration - Stitching Real or Faux




And lastly I thought I would share with you some photos of my daily visitors -

First up are a pair of beautiful Rainbow Lorikeets -





Next is a Cockatoo. These birds are sitting on a structure that we made for them which includes a bird feeder.



Last but not least are my little resident ducks. They really appreciate the old boat that we have filled with water. Water is a little hard to find at the moment as we are in desperate need of rain.



At the time of taking this photo there were about 8 cockatoos, 10 ducks and the pair of lorikeets.


Thanks so much for looking xx

24 comments:

  1. your card is pure elegance! And can't wait to see these visitors IRL x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how gold just makes the card super elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a truly beautiful and elegant Christmas card, Kylie. Love the font on your sentiment. LOVE this card!!! And thanks for sharing your bird photos! They've reminded me that our Spring will be coming. Most of our feathered friends have gone south for the winter, though we still have a few that hang around all year. Cardinals really give the winter white world a pop of color! No snow here as of yet...Yay! Have a great weekend. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your card ... so elegant with the white and gold. Congrats and happy birthday to you on ATCAS's birthday! And many, many more years to come!! Thanks for letting me be a part of this wonderful challenge and team! LOVE the pictures of your visitors. They are all so beautiful! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is truly elegant and CAS perfection Kylie! Love those birds also - thanks for sharing those photos. And thanks so much for having me as part of your team. This team rocks and it is because of your leadership! Hugs, Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS card, Kylie! I love your crisp, clean design and how beautifully the gold embossing stands out on solid white...so elegant! I can't wait to play along in this challenge :)
    Thanks so much for sharing all of those lovely photos with us! How wonderful that you have such lovely visitors each day! And...I agree 1,000% with Harriet ~ Your leadership is what makes ATCAS and ATSM so successful and fun! Besides being the best boss EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooops! I completely forgot to say "Happy Anniversary" to you, and to ATCAS!!!

      Delete
  7. Hi Kylie, classy & elegant Christmas card design..love it..
    wow your photos are amazing, would love to get visitors like that in my garden in the UK.. wet and cold here...
    hugs pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clean and simple perfection Kylie! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Love the design and the stitched die! Thank you for joining my challenge at the Red Rubber Inspirationals. Lynda - DT Champion Red Rubber Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your CASlicious Chrissy Card, Kylie! Pure and perfect! As are the birds!! How blessed you are to see them every day! Thank you for sharing with us and congratulations on your second Challabirthday! Or Challaversary! Keep 'em comin', girl!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the gold embossing on your classy and elegant card Kylie - fabulous, as always!
    Huge congrats. on your 2nd ATCAS Anniversary - so pleased to have been part of the team!
    Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow the gold ornament and the all white look is simply elegant :) lovely pics of the birdies !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gold never can be wrong in my book at the moment! Love your gold ornament and sentiment against the white background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology. May

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your simply elegant Christmas card! Oh my gosh the birds are amazing! How fun to see these visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous elegant CAS Christmas card. The birds are beautiful too. Thanks for joining in with our 'Christmas Decorations' challenge at Winter Wonderland this week, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kylie your photograf is so lovely..
    Your card is stunning
    its elegant its CAS and its also with Gold ...
    adorable Card for that sketch Kylie..I adore your simplicity...

    I just join again Addicted to CAS and would be happy if you like to visiting my card on my Blog and maybe leaving me some love...big hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  17. So elegant in gold and white, Kylie! I love your pictures of the wild life in your "neck of the woods" :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!! And loving your photos too ... beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful CAS card!!! Love the stitching die you used!! Thanks for joining us at Red Rubber Inspirationals!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful, classic, elegant card! Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs! (And great photos of the birds too!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. How stunningly elegant! Love absolutely everything about it . . . love the photos of those beautiful birds too! Thanks for the inspiration! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  22. A great card - thank you for sharing it with us at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy belated birthday my friend so sorry I was unable to join in but I was with you in spirit ( no not gin ) A beautiful and stylish CAS creations the touch of gold is =sheer elegance. How lucky you are to see these beautiful creatures on a daily basis I am so jealous

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.