Sunday 3 May 2015

With Heartfelt Sympathy

Happy Sunday, how are you all?

Have you seen my previous post earlier today? There is a new CAS challenge over at Happy Little Stampers and a DT call on for ALL of our monthly challenges


Today I am sharing with you three sympathy cards that I made last week. When I was on my cruise, my Aunty Glynnis passed away from cancer. She was 58. I was obviously unable to make the funeral :( Then a couple of days later my step-pop lost his brother, Athol. I had never actually met Athol or his wife Mary but as dad and I were attending the funeral as support for my pop and nan, I thought it would be nice to make Mary a card.


Here is my first card that I made for my Nan after losing her only daughter


Stamps: SU! -Apothecary Art, Inspired by Stamping - Fancy Sentiments
Coloured with Stampin' Write Markers and I added tiny little pearls to the center of the flowers

I would like to enter this card into 

In the Pink - Fussy and Fancy or Clean and Simple (mine is CAS)


This card was made for my pop


I CASED one of my own cards for this one. I used the acrylic block stamping and you can find my tutorial HERE

Stamps: SU! - French Foliage, SU! - Simply Sketched

I would like to enter this card at

Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - Anything Goes but no patterned paper




My last card was made for Mary. A woman I had never met so it was hard to decide what to create. I had received a new feather die with a craft magazine so I used it.


Just the one stamp on this one. SU! - Simply Sketched

I would like to enter this card into

Loves Rubber Stamps - Use at least 2 dies
Sister Act #104 - Anything Goes



Thanks so much for looking xx









14 comments:

  1. My condolences for all the losses you've had to deal with...especially your auntie...she was too young!

    Sympathy cards can be so difficult, yet you have created three that are really stunning, Kylie! Your Nan is going to love those pretty blooms and pink border on the label die cut, and your pop's card is so striking and the masculine colors are perfect for him! I also love how you placed those gorgeous feathers on your last card...they really are lovely, especially for someone you've never met. Such a beautiful embossed panel, too! You did a great job completing them all so beautifully ~ (Hugs)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how an embossing folder can snazz up a card just the right amount. All three of your cards are wonderful as sympathy cards are some of the hardest to do. The feather die is gorgeous and you used it perfectly. Thanks for sharing at Loves Rubberstamps this week, hope you'll join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Kylie. I find these so hard to make. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear of your losses, Kylie. Your aunt's passing is especially sad; I agree with Barb...far too young. Your sympathy cards - by the far the most challenging to make - are gorgeous. The pink blooms and framing of the first - soft and delicate - are perfect for your Nan. Your pop's card, with the masculine images/colours, will be much adored. And the feathers in the third, with the embossed framing is simply marvelous. Your thoughtfulness expressed through these works of art will lift spirits, Kylie. Truly heart-warming!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Creation thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Suzy Bee's, hope you will join us again.....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your losses Kylie. Your sympathy designs are all really stunning!! These can be difficult to make when you really need them. Take care! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I join others in sympathy for your losses. Your cards are beautiful and I'm especially taken with the feathers card - the feathers diecuts/placement are fabulous but I think it's the color combo that pleases me the most. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three beautiful cards for such a difficult ocassion. I'm sure they were greatly appreciated!
    So sorry for your losses too!
    HUgs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Difficult to make sympathy cards, but they are all pretty. The feather one has great colours, embossing and dies..Glad you could join our "use at least two dies " challenge at Loves Rubberstamps this week, hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three beautiful cards my friend. I'm sure they brought comfort to those who received them. I'm so sorry for your losses. Your aunt was so young ... it's a terrible tragedy. Sending hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cards are beautiful Kylie. I have the feather dies BUT yet to use them Hugs
    lilian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh these are so beautiful. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such sad cards to have to make - but all elegantly beautiful - especially the pink one of course... I love the shape of the die you've used with the stamp to match.

    Thank you for joining in the fun at In The Pink - good luck and hope we see you again soon!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. All cards are gorgeous! Your sympathy designs are stunning, especially the acrylic block stamping! Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.( I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. Sending hugs!)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.