Wednesday 6 May 2015

ATSM Challenge # 143 - HOLIDAY

Hello everyone! I hope today finds you well. 

Today is the start of a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More. The theme for this week is

HOLIDAY

I took a 'little' liberty with our theme this week. I created a Mothers Day card. While it isn't a celebrated National holiday per say, I think that on Mothers Day we should be having a holiday from all things domestic!! No laundry, no washing up, no vacuuming (the list goes on!). 


Here is my DT card -



I started with a piece of watercolour paper and used texture paste over a stencil (sent to me by my buddy Loll).

When the texture paste was dry, I embossed the sentiment.

Next I sprinkled some brushos over the panel and sprayed it with water. Once it was dry, I used a baby wipe just to wipe over the textured parts. 

A few little butterflies finished it off.


Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is


and our Top Addict will win 7 digis!


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -

613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes with the option of Feminine
Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Things with Wings
Craftin Desert Divas - Mothers Day
Incy Wincy Designs - Mums the Word



Now, I am hoping that my mum doesn't read this post before Sunday ;) because I am going to show you a little gift that I have sewn for her.


It is getting quite cold down where my mum lives so I thought a couple of nice heat packs would be just what she needs.





I made two heat packs. One larger one for her lap or feet when she goes to bed. I also made a smaller one for her neck.

The little poem on the tag I found on pinterest.

I would like to enter my heat pack into the

Come and Get it Challenge - Female Project


Thanks so much for looking xx





Before I go, I would like to remind you all of the DT CALLS going on over at Happy Little Stampers















21 comments:

  1. Lovely monochrome card with great use of texture as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Kylie, I love the gift you made for your mum too, cute fabric, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your funky backgrounds and the bright blue is stunning. Those heat pads are amazing-very creative hon..can I have one for cold old London-you know what it is like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Brusho and texture paste background, gorgeous colour.
    What a lovely idea to give your Mum, I forget you are heading for winter over there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving these beautiful background, Kylie. great heat pads, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Your background looks amazing Kylie!! I love the part of stenciling and the blues are the perfect backing for your butterflies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are super clever Kylie sewing and cardmaking!
    Both fantastic and colour coordinated too.
    Love the BG on the card - you are queen of backgrounds! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Kylie and I love the heat packs you did for your Mum, the cloud fabric is so cute. Thank you for joining us over at Incy Wincy this week - Colette DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing texture and background, Kylie! I love how your card color coordinated with the gift that you're giving to your mom. I know she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! Your water color backgrounds just get better and better, Kylie! I love how you used the texture paste with your stencil on this one...It really brings out the richness of the blue and makes this card so special!
    LOVE your heat packs and tags you created for your mum, too...so thoughtful and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is gorgeous Kylie and I love the heat packs that you have made for your mum - I bet she loves them:) I hope you also get spoilt this mothers day - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! the background and texture is AWESOME!!! Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card, Kylie...vibrant and vivid! Of course, the butterflies are the perfect addition! You're convincing me that I *need* brushos *grin* Your gift for your mom: pure delight! She'll love these heat packs immensely!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful Mother's Day card! I love all the texture and the beautiful blue! And what a sweet gift for your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card and gift for your mum, Kylie, you're so talented! And what a background on your card, the embossed stenciling with the brushos looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card for your mom Kylie, I love the splash of bold colors, and the heat warmers look cozy, I am sure your mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing!!! Absolutely love the Mother's Day card - bold, brilliant and just beautiful - your Mum will love it. And I think the rice pouches are a fab idea (I may borrow that one), great tag too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Mixmedia card. I love her colors and forms contained therein.
    Regards,
    Bozen

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE this card Kylie! Great feel to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, what a lovely card Kylie. Love how you used the stencil and the beautiful blue. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is over the top gorgeous! I love all that beautiful blue. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Get Creative.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.