Thursday 12 March 2015

Try a New Technique!

Hi there! Over at Inspired by Stamping we are trying new techniques!

I decided to try colouring on kraft cardstock. Here is what I came up with -



I love how this turned out. I have used the Aster stamp set - it is such a wonderful set. Very versatile and fun to use.

Firstly, I embossed the Aster onto the kraft panel. Then I used waterbased markers to colour it all in. Why waterbased? Because I tried with my alcohol markers first and realised that I couldn't wipe the ink off the embossed lines. Whoops! So, if you are going to try this technique, make sure you use waterbased markers and the ink will wipe straight off your embossing!!


Here is a close up of the Aster



I also embossed the sentiment with white powder.



Please let me know if you try this technique! I would love to see what you come up with.


Tips:

Use waterbased markers
I used lighter colours because having a darker cardstock made the colours deeper in the end





Inspired by Stamping Flower Of The Month Asters stamp set



I would like to enter this card into the

2015 World Wide Open Design Team Challenge



Thanks so much for stopping by today


21 comments:

  1. Looks fab, Kylie

    A P.S. to your embossed image/alcohol marker ...... alcohol markers can cause your embossing powder to streak - I've noticed this in the past, particularly with things like black sparkle!! I used to emboss a lot but, once I started using A.M.'s I virtually stopped!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Ky;ie. Thanks for the tip about alcohol markers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card Kylie, I did sponging on kraft few days back, after looking at your card, I will do coloring next ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the colours are so rich and perfect colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Kylie! Love that stamp and that technique looks fab on kraft card. Thanks for your good wishes you can tell I'm excited!!!!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Kylie! Love the perfect coloring and thanks for the tip. Have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow it all look fabulous Kylie ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great technique Kylie. I haven't tried it yet ... but need to give this a go. Looks like fun! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is gorgeous. Thank you for entering the 2015 World Wide Open DT Challenge.
    Annette DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous thank you for entering the 2015 world wide open DT challenge
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kylie. Absolute Stunning card dripping with simple elegance...Thank you for joining the 2015 World Wide Open Design Team Challenge. Big Texas Hugs, Antoinette {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Card.
    Thank you for entering the 2015 World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.Hugs Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, love the asters, such beautiful colouring. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, love the asters, such beautiful colouring. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kylie, this is spectacular! Such gorgeous coloring which really pops against the kraft!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely Card.
    Thank you for entering the 2015 World Wide Open Design Team Challenge. Good Luck!
    Eleonora DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful thanks for joining the world wide challenge - Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really beautiful coloring on your Aster, Kylie! The colors are so striking against the Kraft background, and I love the polka dot papers! Perfect card for the World Wide DT Challenge...good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, I like your design,Thank you for entering the 2015 World Wide Open Design Team Challenge, Good Luck Kevin DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! All together fab design and card, Great job, thanks for playing in our 2015 World Wide Open Design Team Challenge,

    DT Sandy

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.