Sunday 1 March 2015

Happy 40th!!

It is my best friend, Simone's, 40th birthday this week. 

Simone and I 'found' each other on the first day of kindergarten back in 1980. We were sort of shy and standing next to each other quite nervous about starting big school. I said "Would you like to be my friend?" We held hands and walked into class. The rest is history.

35 years later we have shared many memories both happy and sad. I am godmother to two of her children and she is the godmother of my child. 

Simone's favourite colour is red so keeping that in mind, I have made this card for her




I started with the chipboard numbers first. I covered them with versamark and cherry cobbler embossing powder. Once heated and dry I spread Glass Bead Gel over the top. While still wet, I sprinkled some Dazzling Diamonds to give it some extra sparkle. 

Here is a close up



My balloons are from Lil' Inker Designs and I have embossed sentiments from the 'Say What?' set by Whimsy Stamps.

I didn't have any black twine, so I coloured my white one with a black Spectrum Noir marker.


Happy Birthday, Simone!!!!


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges




Uniko - Birthdays



Thanks so much for looking xx







9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your best friend!!!! She'll love that pretty card! so -are you turning 40 soon too???

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely story and I can't believe you were ever shy!! I adore the numbers and how you have built up the sparkle. You will soon be there! Thanks for joining Ink and Uniko x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the design ... so fun. And that "40" ... wow. Amazing depth and sparkle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love how you made the chipboard numbers so sparkly. Great design too. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I love all the sparkle on your numbers...such a fun birthday card, Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sparkly fun card Kylie and I hope your bestie loves it.....thanks for sharing such a cute story:) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, chic and CAS Kylie.
    Loving all that glitz and glam sprinklings to your '40'
    I'm sure your friend will love it.
    Thanks for playing along at Uniko Studio. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! Love how you have the balloons floating up from the "40"! Thanks so much for linking up to the Uniko Studio Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely friendship & FAB card too. Thanks for linking up at Uniko Studio. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.