Monday 16 March 2015

New goodies and a new technique

Hi there!

Well, I was a very excited lass today when my  BRUSHOS came in the mail. Woo hooo. I had been hoping they would come in time for me to try and create something for the challenge at ShowCASe your style. 


First, my card -



Here is the colour inspiration from ShowCASe your Style


I concentrated on just four colours - purple, blue, orange and yellow


I even got dad in on the action today - He drilled holes into the top of my brusho containers and even found some stopper doover lackeys in his tool box.




Ok, back to my card.


I have never tried the Bokeh technique before so I was quite nervous. Combining a new medium AND a new technique - am I crazy!!


I used watercolour cardstock for this one. I misted a little water over my panel and then dropped my crystals onto the paper. It was really cool watching the crystals react with the water. I misted them a little more until I had a nice combination (not that you have much control over the end result, lol).

I did end up with patches but I liked it. I didn't want to get over excited with the water :)

Once it was dry (and I did use my heat gun. I had read to let it air dry for better results but who has time for that??), I got out some OLD Hero Arts Dot stamps that I don't think I've ever used to create my Bokeh effect. 

I used a combination of Staz On White and SU White.

Now, because the Bokeh effect is so popular with photography, I had to add a little camera and some inspirational words from Whimsy Stamps.

I had a LOT of fun creating this card. I think you will be seeing a lot of Brusho creations from me. So fun!!

This will probably be my last 'live' post for a while. I have a heap scheduled as I am going on a cruise in 6 sleeps. Yes, 6 more sleeps. So, if you don't see me around for a while, that's why! :)

(Mind you, with Brushos to play with, I think I will be back before the end of the week lol)


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -

ShowCASe your Style - Colour Challenge
Come and Get It - Make your own Background
Paper Minutes - Bokeh Technique
Stampin' Royalty - Watercolour



Thanks so much for looking xx









16 comments:

  1. AMAZING!! ... great work with your brushos Kylie! Love this colour combo. And the bokeh effect ... AWESOME! So happy to see you having all this fun! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card looks amazing Kylie and I love the beautiful colours and design:) I hope that you have a wonderful holiday - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous effect...

    Hugs, Heike

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing effect Kylie! I had never heard about Brushos here in the UK, so I haven't a clue what they look like but I see the results can be amazing - as with your beautiful creation here - genius putting a camera there too, what with the amazing bokeh technique! Dad's eh? What would we do without them? Mine sadly passed away a long time ago - he was far too young at 64 - but I now have a surrogate in my darling FIL. Have an amazing trip and I wait to hear all about it on your return! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning card, Kylie! What a wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't Brushos amazing Kylie???? It's such fun watching them react with the water - hope you've got black in your stash as that one is simply awesome! Fabulous card and perfect for the challenge. Have a fabulous holiday - want to hear all about it when you get back.

    Hugs.

    Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is a cool card, so glad you joined our watercolor challenge at Stampin' Royalty this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing look and sounds like it was fun to, create and good old Dad for helping out xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card Kylie. Love the Bokeh look with those colors. So cool... I will have to check Brushos out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome bokeh effect. Looks like you have tons of fun. Will have to go look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous bokeh effect with the Brushos, Kylie - aren't they fun to use!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AMAZING Bokeh effect, Kylie! Your take on the inspiration photo is awesome, and I love, love, love how you stamped your sentiments! Very cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely GORGEOUS Kylie. I have to try this technique. The colors you've used are fabulous. The text on the sides adds so much interest, and the camera is the perfect finish to this wonderful card. I am very curious now about Brushos. Whatever they are, they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous background. Love the beautiful colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fabulous card! Your background is just amazing...
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "make your own background” challenge over at Come and Get it & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)
    (GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.