Tuesday 3 March 2015

HLS March CAS Challenge

Hello! Another month gone by and we are in March! Holy smokes.

Being the 3rd of the month means that we have a brand new challenge over at Happy Little Stampers. Don't forget that our sketch challenge went live on the 1st so you may even like to combine the two!

Here is our theme for this month -


We would like you to use sponging on your cards. Don't forget that this is a Clean and Simple Challenge.


Here is my card



I started my masking off my panel as I only wanted to sponge ink into the top part. 

I have used Distress Inks for this one - Salty Ocean, Spiced Marmalade, Festive Berries, Mowed Lawn, Dusty Concord and Mustard Seed. Once my panel was dry I stamped my grunge stamp with white Stazon ink.

Then I created another panel. Firstly, I used the same grunge stamp and white embossed the panel. Then I used Dusty Concord/Salty Ocean, Festive Berries/Pickled Raspberry and Mustard Seed/Mowed Lawn. Then I die cut my butterflies. Thinking they needed something a little extra, I inked up my En Francais stamp in black and inked over the top of the butterflies.

I scored two lines below my inking and stamped a sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Greetings set from IBS. 

Lastly, I popped up my butterflies using dimensionals. 

I love how the colours ended up being bright and vibrant.


Ok! Over to you now. I hope you will play along this month. Don't forget to link up at the FORUM to be in the draw to win a mystery prize!


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -

Mixed Media Challenge - Hints of Spring
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Less Is More - This makes me happy (butterflies and lots of colour!)


Thanks so much for looking xx



19 comments:

  1. I LOVE your Bright colors and heat EB butterflies. A beautiful example of how you can make 2 cards from the same supplies, yet have them different and equally beautiful. TFS your detailed detailed description too. I hope to play tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... love the vibrant colours paired with the white stamping. Gorgeous, Kylie! And love the addition of the script on your beautiful butterflies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Wow!! Gorgeous! Great sponging and lovely script stamping on your butterflies. Love the addition of the white stamping too. Will have to find some time to play along. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is some AWESOME sponging, Kylie! WOW! And what a super challenge - I for sure will play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning colours, love how you have created the sponging. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card - really love the vibrant colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these vibrant colors, Kylie! The white ink looks fabulous over your distress. Tscript stamping on the butterflies is just what they needed. Love thise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I'd commented on this already last night when it popped on my read list.
    Think my tablet threw a strop so obviously comment didn't show up.
    Love, love, love it! All those bright and striking colour choices are simply eye-poppingly fun.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kylie this is just LOVELY - great colours and those butterflies are just great

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful Kylie, I love those bold colours!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh love the striking colours on your vibrant card!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really GORGEOUS card, Kylie! Your sponged panel is so pretty and I love how you stamped on the butterflies! Love, love, love your splatters, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a bright and happy card! thanks for joining us at MMCC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning bright colours, it's a fabulous card Kylie.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome sponging - your colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the sponging, I am going to have a go at the week end. Thank you for the inspiration. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your sponged rainbow colors! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These colors are just amazing :) a fabulous design. Thank you for sharing with MMCC !

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.