Wednesday 24 April 2013

Baby Quilt for ATSM Challenge #42 - Make your Mark


Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a lovely day.

Today I am going to share with you a little baby card that I have made PLUS a little extra something that is a newish hobby of mine.

Firstly, the challenge over at ATSM this week is to 'Make your Mark'
This means you can create ANYTHING, you just have to use your markers on your project one way or another.

Here is my DT card -




I have used my Natural White cardstock for a base and then cut little 3 x 3 inch squares onto another base that I had prepared. Once I had arranged them how I like them, I took that panel to the sewing machine and stitched along the joins of my squares. 

The sentiment is an old retired SU one from a set called For a Friend. I think it is still a lovely and relevant set. And this is where my markers came into play. I used 4 different markers directly onto the stamp so I could achieve all the colours.

Obviously I was going for a quilt look - and here is why.

My sister is due to have her third baby in June (and yes, it's a girl!!). So, I am to become an Aunty for the 10th time!! I tried my hand at making a quilt a couple of years ago but failed miserably and everything has been sitting in a huge bag for all this time. I got some advice from my neighbour who quilts, and I realised that I just didn't have the right tools. Now, I am set! So, I dug everything out and finished off my little lap quilt. Then in my divine wisdom, I decided I would try and make a quilt for the new baby. The thing that was most appealing about this is that it would be SMALL lol. 

Anyway, I gave it a go, made some mistakes and it is certainly far from perfect. Here it is -




So, I have now rolled up the quilt, tied it with a pretty ribbon and made a matching card. Now I just can't wait for the baby to come along!! 




 Now, I would love to see you over at Addicted to Stamps and More. I can't wait to see what you create. We also have a wonderful prize from our sponsor up for grabs. Check out the blog for details.

I would also like to enter my card into the following challenges -

My time to Craft - Stitches
Sugar Creek Hollow - Baby Face

Cupcake Inspirations - Photo




Thanks so much for looking xx

13 comments:

  1. You've made amazing job with the quilt and your sweet card matches perfectly! I can't do any sewing/knitting etc. so I really envy your skills! Your sister -and her baby girl- will love your present! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing matching gift and quilt Kylie, I love it! Sewing on your card too, I'm impressed:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kylie, we are seeing even more of your talents! Love your card and quilt, amazing work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie, is there no ends to your talents?!. The quilt is fantastic and must have taken you some time (and patience) to make, and the matching card is gorgeous.

    I'm an Aunt to 3 children, and love them dearly, but its always nice to hand them back at the end of the day!, how do you manage with 10?! LOL

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Kylie and your quilt is fab-u-lous! Well done. Now you'll just have to find room for all the fabric you're going to buy for your new quilting addiction! Lol. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Kylie, your quilted baby throw over looks fantastic. Perseverance will always win in the end, I have a similar story with crochet. Your baby card is so pretty. Best wishes to your Sister and OH, exciting times ahead. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kylie. What a fabulous gift for the new baby. I love the colors and design of your quilt and matching baby card. So pretty!! I'm sure your sister will be impressed with your sewing skills!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just a fab dual project! - a quilt and matching card has to be a totally unique gift and so beautiful hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What an amazing gift and card. Fabulous work K-L. They are both so beautifully made. Great sewing on both projects. Two words spring to mind "hide" and "bushel"!!
    Take care,
    Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty baby card to match your gift. Lovely with the stitching and squares. Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week.
    Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Kylie - congrats on being an Auntie for the 10th time!! I'm so proud of you for doing that quilt - it looks absolutely wonderful to me. Quilting is something I've been wanting to try as well but may not happen until I win the lottery or retire as I hardly have time for paper crafting right now LOL. Really so wonderful and such a nice gift for your sister and the new niece. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute quilt card! Thanks for sharing at Cupcake Inspirations! Hope you'll join us again!
    {hugs}
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the quilt idea Kylie. I sure wish I could sew! It is faux stitching all the way for me but that would take me forever on your card! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.