Sunday 1 October 2017

HLS October Watercolour Challenge

Hello everyone. Well, this year seems to be flying by. In just a few short weeks I will be off to the UK for the HLS Craft Retreat. Wow, it has crept up on me like you wouldn't believe - so excited!

This month for the HLS Watercolour Challenge Anything Goes but you may like to play along with our optional twist.


I've made two cards for this challenge using our optional twist.

Card #1


I smooshed versamark ink through a stencil and embossed with gold powder. I applied Rose Red combined with White Brusho powder with a paint brush. I dried the panel in between applications to achieve the deeper colours at the top. I cut the shine from Gold Mirror Board and stamped the sentiment from the 'Simply Said' stamp set from Happy Little Stampers.

Card #2 


 I applied Brusho colours the same way as Card #1. This time I had a little gold mica powder added to the mix. Unfortunately the photo doesn't pick it up. It is quite subtle but gives it a lovely shine.



I die cut the Happy from Gold Mirror Board and then wondered if you could actually stamp on it too... I don't think I have ever seen stamping/embossing on the gold board so I gave it a go. I used my MISTI so as to make sure my stamping didn't slip. It worked beautifully! The sentiment is from the HLS Mix Mash stamp set.

I adhered my die cuts using my Quickie Glue Pen which is perfect for small areas.

Here are the supplies I have used to make these cards -

        Daler Rowney - Aquafine Watercolour Paper

Brusho - Emerald Green    MISTI (Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented) - BACKORDER    

I hope you will play along this month. Don't forget Anything Goes!

I would like to play along in the following challenges -

Card 1



Moving Along with the Times - Geometric Shapes
Stamps and Stencils - Metallics
Always Fun Challenges - Anything Goes



Card 2



CAS on Friday - Use Dies

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful Cards Kylie...I just love the way you play with Brushos...It's always inspire me..Hugs xx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Always Fun, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous cards, Kylie! The red brushos look stunning with gold mirror card -very fun, stylish and artsy cards! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popped across from LIM to admire your card and found that you have posted TWO fabulous makes today - YAY!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippee! Love to see you playing along at Less is More Kylie and what an absolutely stunning duo of watercolour loveliness you've created. Love the pop of gold embossing on the first one against that rich red but equally stunning is the second one and I'm so thrilled added that to the LIM gallery this week. Thanks so much x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set of cards! The gold looks fabulous against that red! Well done! Thanks for being in our gallery at Just Us Girls and we hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Kylie. Ideal for our challenge at MAWTT, thank you for joining us

    June/DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both beautiful cards, Kylie. Wonderful job watercolouring with Brushos. The gold looks so classy and pops against that lovely red. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great pair of cards Kylie! I particularly love the way you embossed through a stencil on the first card - such a brilliant idea.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, this is absolutely beautiful, Kylie ! I also love watercoloring with Brushos, their colours are so intense ! This red is just eye-catching and even more with those golden die-cuts ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kylie your backgrounds are amazing! I don't have any Brusho's but you are tempting me to try them. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The combination of red and gold is stunning! Thanks for sharing at CAS on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two absolute stunners, Kylie! Loving the red and gold combo.....and you can get Brusho in white??? I NEED some! The sentiment on the gold looks fabulous too.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great clean and simple cards - the metallics definitely pop. Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.