Friday 24 March 2017

Smooshed Birthday

Hi everyone. Today I had a little time to create a card for another birthday coming up this month. 

I decided to watercolour smoosh a panel and then layer a new die cut over the top.

Here it is -


I started by sprinkling purple brusho onto my craft mat, misting it with water, then smooshing my watercolour cardstock into the paint. I repeated this step a few times, drying with my heat gun in between. I did the same with a smaller panel so I could die cut my butterfly.

I also used a little Gold perfect pearls to smoosh with too. It's not quite evident in the photo but it gives it a subtle shine.

I used my new MFT Split Chevron Cover Up die to lay over the top of my panel.


I used my MISTI to stamp my sentiment (HLS Fun Birthday Sentiments) onto a linen cardstock.
I also used my WOS pen to give my butterfly some sparkle.

I would like to enter my card over at -


(Ive used the topping of Black, White, and one other colour)





Here is a list of my products used that you can purchase at HLS -

Daler Rowney - Aquafine Watercolour Paper       

     MISTI (Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented) - BACKORDER     


Thanks so much for popping by! xx


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Kylie. I love the background with the pretty overlay and butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely rich colours - this is very pretty. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You well know my response to your gorgeous butterfly, set atop that amazing purple background...swooning! As in epic swooning! Love this! So thrilled to see you in the INK gallery!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, Kylie! Love the chevron die cut and that shimmery butterfly. Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! Love the bright white against the purple ;o) Thank you for playing along with our "Chevron" challenge at CUYL. Hope to see you again soon! Happy crafting, Maike ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.