Tuesday 26 January 2016

Heartbreaking News

Over the weekend I received news from one of my best friends that her husband died suddenly at the age of 34. My friend is 37 and can you believe that this is her second husband to pass away. Too sad...

She has a little boy that turned 1 this month too and he has lost his dad at such a young age. I am still in shock and obviously saddened by her loss. 

Here is the card I have made her




I tried to keep it quite simple but a lot of thought and effort went into this one. More than usual.

I used a stencil and texture paste to create the background. Once dry, I replaced the stencil and sponged gold ink over the top. 

I stamped my butterfly in the same ink and embossed it with clear powder.

The sentiment was also embossed.

A few gold and black splatters finished it off.


"Take care my friend. You are in my heart and in my prayers."


**********************************

Just a reminder that the HLS Mixed Media Challenge is - STENCIL




Thanks for coming by xx



13 comments:

  1. Oh Kylie, what terribly sad news. Makes you realise you have to live life to the full as you never know whats around the corner. I'm sure your friend will appreciate the card, you can tell how much thought has gone into it.

    Hugs.

    Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad. Sure your friend will appreciate such a thoughtful and beautiful card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kylie how much loss can 1 person suffer, life can be so unfair! Your card is beautiful.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What very sad news. It is actually quite hard to comprehend. Your friend must be devastated x. Gorgeous card, perfect in your detailing and so very thoughtful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so saddened to hear of your friends loss. I can't even imagine... I'm sure your sweet card and friendship will help her get through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sad news. Prayers for your friend and her kiddo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous texture here Kylie and love the colour x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your friend's loss, Kylie. Especially sad with their son only being 1 year old. I can imagine how heartbreaking it was for you to make this card, but I'm sure your friend will appreciate you making her something special to show your love and support. xx

    ReplyDelete

  9. Sorry to hear about your friend Kylie, Its always sad to lose a partner,
    Sending love and hugs to you all

    Love the card and I know she will as well

    Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such sad news, Kylie. You've made a lovely card. Hopefully it will ring your friend some comfort.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend's DH. So difficult to go through....will send prayers her way. Your card is beautiful and I'm sure your friend will love it. She'll feel your love and support. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear about your. Friends loss, your card is beautiful, and I am sure it will bring some comfort to your friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How terrible Kylie and I can't even imagine how your friend must be feeling. I'm sure your beautiful card will help her to know she is not alone. I love the very soothing design.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.