Thursday 1 August 2013

Swallowtail

Hello!! I am writing my first post from Canberra. I got here safe and sound on Sunday afternoon and had a wonderful reunion with my son. I've missed him sooooo much.
I am hosting the challenges over at CAS - Colour and Sketches for the month of August. I do hope that you like my colour and sketch combinations and can't wait to see what you come up with.
So, for the first challenge of the month we have a colour combo for you that I hope you like -
We use Stampin' Up! colours as a guide but you don't have to use them, just the closest you have in your stash.
And here is my DT card -
I have finally faced my fears and used the ever so big Swallowtail stamp (SU). I have stamped the image off the paper a little and then just coloured it in with Melon Mambo and Old Olive Markers.
The base cardstock is Basic Grey (we spell it with an 'e' over here...).
The sentiment is from the Express Yourself set (SU) and inked with Basic Grey.
You may have noticed that I suffered from 'smudgy finger syndrome' when I made this card. Oh well, nevermind..... :)
So, now it is your turn to head on over to the challenge blog and check out the other inspiration from the DT.
Thanks so much for looking xx


7 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie,
    I LOVE this. It really is one of my favs of yours. The butterfly is stunning and the colours so rich-am going to see if you have it on Pinterest-you can add the button so we can pin from your site but Jackie Rockwell did this for me but I bet you can work out how to do it yourself! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely STUNNING! I really like the curved border detail and the butterfly is just super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, love this card, Kylie!! Designed so beautifully! Loving the butterfly! Smudgy fingers?... I thought it was part of the design.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! Such a fabulous image and design, perfect with these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the decorate edge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure which I like better - the bold, vibrant butterfly, or the elegant decorative edge. Great job on this one, Kylie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning butterfly, Kylie, it looks amazing with those rich colours and I like your embossed and die cut border, very elegant. Sue x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.