Thursday 22 August 2013

CCS - Sketch Week

Hi there everyone! I hope your week has been treating you well so far.

I have a card to share with you that was inspired by something I saw at Kim Badelt's house while there last weekend making cards and giggling and making cards and laughing...

Kim had a card displayed with some hand made flowers. She has shared the link for the tutorial with me so I gave it a go.

Firstly, this is actually a card for the current challenge over at CAS - Colours and Sketches. I am your hostess there for the whole month of August. It's been great seeing what everyone has come up with for the previous challenges. This week I have a sketch for you -


Just remember that you must make a card that is CAS and has stamping on it.

Here is my DT card -



Isn't this handmade rose so pretty? If you are interested in having a go, please visit Tania Gould for step by step instructions.

The rose has been made but using my Fancy Flower Punch (SU). I have inked the edges with Whisper White (SU) and spritzed the end result (which really can't be seen in the photo). The leaves are from a new die that I purchased at the Craft Show and is called ..... whoops, I can't find the packet but I think it is called 'Leafy Vine'. I sponged Old Olive (SU) on the edges.

I have stamped the sentiment (from the Express Yourself set - SU) with Versamark and heat embossed with white powder. 

Geez, the photo is a bit harsh on the eyes. Once again, it's a bit blurry so sorry about that.

This card isn't exactly 'mailable' either so if you were going to make these roses, you would have to hand deliver or package them up.

I hope you like this sketch and would like to join in this week.

Over at the challenge blog, you can find heaps of beautiful inspiration from the DT.

Thanks so much for looking xx

10 comments:

  1. oh Kylie this is fabulous. The flower is stunning and I just love these rich colours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The flower is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what an awesome rose and a great color combo! Your card is simply gorgeous, Kylie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie. GORGEOUS rose!! Have seen the tutorial, gave it a try and mine didn't turn out very good ... but you have mastered it straight away!! Love the bright colors and the sketch you've used. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a classy CAS card! The bold colors look great against the white background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Kylie, love your beautiful rose and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Kylie - love your 3D flower - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! That white sponging really adds to the look. And the flower stands out so well on those colors and on that layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Kylie, and I love the colour combo and 3D rose

    Bev :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rose turned out gorgeous Kylie! The leafy fronds really accent it beautifully too. You're right not very mailable but definitely something special! x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.