Monday 19 August 2013

Spinning snowman

Hi everyone! I hope you are all well.

I have a card to share with you today that is my first attempt at this technique. It was so fun to do that I will start trying with other stamps.

I created a Spinner card.


I had a really hard time thinking of which stamp to use as the 'spinner'. I finally decided on this adorable snowman from the "Snow Pal" set (SU). 

I used a stamp from the same set which is quite large so I used my Basic Black marker to ink up the line of the sentiment which I wanted to use. 

The cut out for the slider created an aperture for me in which to place my sentiment.

I embossed the white panel with the Perfect Polka Dots folder (SU) for the feel of snow.

The snowman looks very happy that it is snowing when he is spinning around, lol.

I also coloured his sprig of holly with my SU markers and added some stickles to the berries.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -


The Cute Pie Challenge #51 - Anything Goes - I think my snowman is very cute!

I hope you enjoyed my Spinning Snowman!

Thanks so much for looking xx


16 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea - he's a really jolly snowman. Love the texture with the dotty background and the touch of sparkle in the holly sprig! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really fun card Kylie - thanks for sharing with us this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOO FUN, Kylie!!! LOVE the fun slider and I adore the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smashing card, great work. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie challenge, good luck cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kylie. So adorable!!! Have not made one of these cards ... assume you need a special die to cut out the aperture. Perfect match with your cute snowman and sentiment. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool Kylie! I've been wanting to try this for awhile myself. Awesome spinner and what a perfect sprig of holly on Mr. Snowman's hat. thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab Kylie, so sweet and so clever! I want to join in this challenge this week so I hope I get around to it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kylie, your spinning snowman idea is adorably clever and fun! Thanks for sharing your card with us at 52{C}CT! :) I hope you'll join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree with you, Kylie! Your snowman is very cute and he is going to go live in my "CASE this!" folder! The twinks will each love to have one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love the embossing & image!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this fortnight, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a festive & fun card Kylie, I adore your spinning snowman! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card, great spinner, thanks for sharing at MTTC x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely CAS card,
    Thank you for joining the Cutie Pies Anything Goes challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fab cute card Kylie, I love the snowmans face

    Bev :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.