Wednesday 11 January 2017

Watercoloured Forest

Hi everyone! I've had a quick play tonight. I seem to be crafting more when the sun goes down as it is so stinking hot here at the moment. We even have an extreme weather alert for the next few days. High heat and humidity - not a nice combo. So, once the sun goes down and I have the ceiling fan on full ball (not good when trying to emboss...), it makes it a little bearable to do things.

Tonight I played with my new Zigs again - I call this 'Getting Ziggy with it'. I chose to combine my HLS Christmas Joy set with the Thinking of You set but not to create a Christmas card. 

Please excuse the photo but it is night time :)
I started by stamping my trees (masking as I went). I used drawing gum to mask the trees again so I could add a blue wash to the background. Once dry, I coloured the trees with my Zig pens and then added more blue straight from the pen to darken some of the areas. So much fun!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -



Don't forget that Happy Little Stampers has a new monthly challenge -


Thanks for popping in! I'm off on a 4 night cruise tomorrow so I will check in with you all when I get back xx

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card..love your coloring..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such and pretty card, Kylie. Do you have such trees in your part of the world?! :) I saw this in the CASology gallery as well as at HLS. Lovely forest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Kylie! Every your card with a new set of Christmas is outstanding! I love this card arrangement. The sky looks so realistic.
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool layout, Kylie. Great Ziggy work. Hope your cruise is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This design really appeals to me. Love how the black panel makes the colors pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beautifully watercolored forest Kylie!
    Thanks for joining CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kylie!! Very pretty card!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautifully coloured effect - almost like silk painting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kylie this is so simple and elegant - and I agree with Marina - it is totally like a silk painting!! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.