Sunday 1 January 2017

HLS January Watercolour Challenge

Hello! Happy New Year!!!! I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas and are now ready to kick off 2017 :)

Today is the start of the brand new challenge over at Happy Little Stampers! It is our watercolour challenge. We are very excited about this one. It has been months in the making and we also have new designers joining our team. You can see all the details over at the HLS blog.

Our theme for January is


Anything Goes! That's right - just make sure you use watercolouring or a watercolouring technique on your entry. You also have the option to use a stencil. 

I have made two cards both with our optional twist.

My first card was created by using the Brusho and Stencil technique and watercolour paper. I LOVE doing this. 

The stamps I have used are from the HLS Wish you were Here set. 


Once I had finished, I mixed Gold Perfect Pearls with some water and used a brush to create some splats.



My next card uses the stencil flipped over and pressed onto normal cardstock. It gives your background a more subtle look but still so pretty.


I die cut my sentiment using gold card. There are a few little touches of Perfect Pearls on this one too.


Here is my video tutorial on how to create these types of backgrounds. I made about 10 while doing these cards and save them for later.


There are also a LOT of video tutorials over at HLS if you need some help with ideas.

I hope to see you playing along. 


We are also very lucky to have Barb as our Guest Designer for this month's challenge. Make sure you stop by and say hello to her as well!

Thanks for coming by and I will see you over at the challenge blog :)

14 comments:

  1. Both beauties, Kylie! Love the effects of the reverse stencil. Especially with the touches of gold. And thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Kylie! I love both of your cards. You make the most amazing backgrounds with Brushos, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. both beautiful cards - I have one color of Brushos - I should play with them
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two stunning cards Kylie, particularly love the first in pink. When I get my stamps I will be trying similar, just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are stunning Kylie. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your own background is so beautiful!
    Happy New Year Kylie!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous pair of cards Kylie, and I love the starburst effect on the second one - such a subtle contrast to the vibrant, happy look of the first one. Happy New Year to you and yours my friend.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely creations, Kylie! Brushos + stencils = LOVE. :) Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kylie! Extremely beautiful card! I love the look of the first tab watercolor background with brusho. It looks like flower petals. Awesome
    Happy New Year, Kylie. All the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both great cards-- can't choose a fave of the two! Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Kylie! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year Kylie! And yay for new HLS challenge in 2017! Your cards are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. They both totally look like fireworks Kylie - and I'm always a fan of gold splatters. I love them. Thank you so much for having me at the new challenge -super exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both really gorgeous cards! I love the soft pink on the first card with the gold splatters. Have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.