Tuesday 20 October 2015

Happy Birthday in Black and Orange

Good morning! A quick post from me today to share a card that I made last night with a couple of challenges in mind.

It seems that everyone is all about Halloween at the moment. We don't 'do' Halloween in Australia but I thought that I could use some of the inspiration photos that are around at the moment and draw from the non-Halloween elements.


Here is my card 



I have used one of my newest sets from Happy Little Stampers. I have to say that I love these sentiments. The set is called Everyday Sentiments. Perfect for your everyday cards!

I started by creating a brusho background. I sprinkled some crystals straight onto my watercolour paper and misted with water. I let the colours run around a little and let it dry.

I also used the circles from the Mix Mash set. I stamped them with Pumpkin Pie ink quite randomly over the panel. 

I embossed the sentiments with black powder which gave a bit of shine to my card.


Here are the sets I have used



I would like to enter my card into the following challenges


I took inspiration from the spotted black and orange pumpkin




I took inspiration from the black and orange plus the glossy finish on the stands

Spray paint dollar store glass candle sticks black and add pumpkins for Halloween decoration



Halloween Colours
Get  Creative Challenges



Thanks so much for looking xx


16 comments:

  1. LOVE this design Kylie. Your brushos background is so pretty ... and I love the randomly stamped circle outlines. Can't wait to get my hands on the new stamps. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! The sequence is timeless...love it! Glad you were able to join us at Get Creative Challenges!

    Camille - Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background is stunning Kylie and love randomly stamped circles. Great to see you at TO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Kylie. I thought you would like Halloween... a chance to get on your broom stick :)
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say. Love the circles.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous birthday card for an autumn birthday! Love the brushos with the random circles stamped on them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous design Kylie and great colour combo. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Brusho background looks awesome, Kylie! It can be a great masculine card with the bold sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous watercoloring Kylie. Thanks for playing along with Get Creative Challenges, #26, Use Halloween colors. Join us again soon.
    Erica (Design Team Member/GCC)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that orange, Brusho background, Kylie! Perfect for showing off this fantastic stamped sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the whimsical feel to this card Kylie, and the sentiment really pops against the lovely background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous in every way, Kylie...the orange background, the pretty Happy sentiment, the circles...I'm crushing alll over this delight!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the distress color orange, just FAB! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! Love the painted background! Thanks for playing The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful, I love your vibrant background with the circles and bold sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So excited to see you at TIME OUT Kylie and your card is so perfect for the challenge!! Love all that orange and how you incorporated those circles is genius. Always happy to have you playing with us!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.