Saturday 11 August 2018

Inkspirational #167

Hi there everyone! It's time for a new challenge over at Inkspirational. This fortnight we have a fun and colourful photo to help inspire you.

Here is my card -


and the inspiration photo


My first thought was to go with rainbow colours but I also wanted to think outside the box.

I used a cupcake die to create my ice cream tops and cut out a cone from kraft paper. I used distress ink on all my pieces to give some depth, then assembled them.

The sentiment is from the HLS Doodled Flowers set.

Supplies:

Thanks for popping in and I hope to see you over at the challenge blog :)

5 comments:

  1. Great thinking, Kylie, very inspired! Your ice cream cone looks so cute and I'd never had thought the you used cupcake dies! Love the inking on the die cut pieces and the card layout looks great too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect ice cream cone! I like the colorful layers and the design with the sequin and the subtle sentiment!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever to use the cupcake top! I think using the Distress Ink really makes a big difference to your soft and pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The di inks do give really good depth and love the texture of that card base xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful use of your cupcake dies for ice cream - love the sponging on your cone!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.