Monday 16 May 2016

Happy 50th Birthday to Sandie!

My dearest and bestie from London, Sandie, is celebrating her 50th birthday today! Happy Birthday Sandie. Seeing you are MORE than over the Hill, I thought we had better throw you a surprise linky party. Many thanks to Sarah Platt for her help in this devious plan as well :)


Sandie, by now you should have had a cuppa tea made so sit back and relax as crafters from all over the world link up to help celebrate your birthday. 


Here is my card -

Please forgive my photography. I had to take these at night due to time constraints at the moment.


For this card, I have used new to me watercolouring paper by YUPO.  I used the heaviest weight available (390gsm / 144lb). This paper is different to anything I have tried before. To me, it is a cross between watercolour paper, mixed media paper and glossy cardstock. 


The results were pretty cool even though I was a novice at using it.


I gave the paper a little mist with water then sprinkled Brushos on to the water. I moved the Brusho around a bit then patted it dry with a paper towel. I then added another 'layer' of Brusho and got it quite wet to get lots of runs. I used my heat gun to dry it off. 

Be careful when stamping on this as it really is like glossy cardstock.


I have used the following HLS products for this card -


Thank you to everyone in advance that joins in with this surprise linky party for Sandie!

Also, over at TimeOut they are having a special post for Sandie as well! You girls rock. The theme is CAS with the optional twist of purple!





21 comments:

  1. Your card is so perfect for the birthday girl, Kylie! Thanks for hosting this party for her!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to do this party Kylie you're a star! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting this surprise for Sandie and the invitation to join!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing background, Kylie ... love the sense of movement those delicious layered colours give to the gorgeous butterfly! Thanks for being a fabulous host for Sandie's Big Day ... and for the party invitation! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for making this linky Party for Sandie dear Kylie
    you are a STAR ....
    I love the background you made too looks amazing
    a beautiful birthday card and really Sandie cause she loves Purple as I knew :)
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Sandie.

    LOVE the purple make today, Kylie

    Happy Monday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Kylie and a wonderful birthday link up for Sandie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous creation for Sandie! I know she will love the purple colors in this and I'm sure she'll love you for doing this special linky party in her honor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! Love the background, Kylie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous background and your butterfly is perfect, Kylie! Thank you so much for inviting us to join you in your Linky Party for Sandie...I'm sure she is going to be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Kylie .... loving the background. I've yet to try YUPO paper, looks like fun! Thanks for hosting the birthday linky .... you're a star! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect card for Sandie! So nice of you to host this birthday linky party for her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That purple beauty you created is perfect for Sandie! And how sweet of you to organize a linky party for her!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are very naughty doing thus but so lovely and I adore that background. You could have said I am 21!! Thanks for this hon, we are just about to pack and come home....you would love it here there are so many cobblestones

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning Card! So perfect for Sandie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Kylie and just perfect for Sandie! :) Love how watercolouring flows on the yupo paper. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Kylie and I'm sure Sandie wil love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The background and the card are splendid,Kylie...perfect for Sandie :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great to see your card at TIME OUT aswell! Think Sandie got totally surprised :)!
    Love the card you made; that background looks super!
    I use yuppo only with alcoholink; you could give it a try...the ink runs so beautiful over it! (have some examples on my blog)
    Thank you for linking your card at TIME OUT! It is a beauty and perfect for Sandie! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely purple party, Kylie! Thanks for organizing it. And happy 50th to Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for organizing this party Kylie!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.