It is on again! The Christmas Tag Event you have been waiting for. Loll Thompson has an annual event to encourage you to make Christmas Tags. I am honoured to be a Guest Designer again. Last year was a huge success and I know this one will be as well.
Your tags must be Mixed Media which is defined as
stamps + ink, plus two other elements which add texture and/or dimension.
The inspiration tags by the designers will be showcased from the 4th-15th of November and the linky will remain open until the 22nd November so it gives you plenty of time to enter.
There are plenty of prizes up for grabs to - check out this line up!
Winner - $40 gift certificate from STAMPlorations
Top Three - $20 gift certificate each from STAMPlorations
Random Draw - $20 gift certificate from Happy Little Stampers
Random Draw - One Christmas stamp set from Dee's Artsy Impressions
Ok! On to my tag -
I had a LOT of fun making this tag. I really don't make tags but I loved how this turned out.
Here are the steps to make this tag -
1. Using the backing cardboard from a Stampin' Up DSP pack, die cut your tag (this made the tag nice and sturdy to start with).
2. Cover with gesso and let dry.
3. In the meantime, die cut poinsettia. Paint with white acrylic paint and sprinkle Stampendous Frantage Embossing Enamel (Shabby White) and heat set.
4. Sponge leaves with distress ink. Emboss with clear powder.
6. Cover the tag with pink ink using an acrylic dabber (Ranger Pink Sherbet) and let dry.
7. Emboss background stamp in white powder.
8. Dab white acrylic paint around two corners and emboss with Shabby White enamel.
9. Add some lace on an angle and then adhere the poinsettia.
I do have an embossing dabber but I found that using acrylic paint really allows the Frantage to stick nicely to my project and then I get less 'flyaways' when trying to heat the enamel.
Here is a close up of my poinsettia -
I love the pink, gold and touches of green together. Non-traditional Christmas colours are the best!
I hope I have encouraged you to play along with Loll's Twelve Tags of Christmas. There is going to be amazing inspiration for you so make sure you check back each day to see the Designers.
Today also marks a new challenge over at Happy Little Stampers!
I am going to link up over there :)
Also at Time Out the theme is Christmas with option pink and/or purple.
Thanks so much for looking xx