Wednesday 5 August 2015

HLS August Christmas Challenge

Hi there everyone! Today starts a new Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers!

This month our challenge requires you to create anything Christmas, in any style using our word -




That's right! Add some sparkle to your life and your Christmas project.


Here is my DT card -


This was my 4th attempt at creating this card. Geez!! I wanted to mask my snow banks but I really sucked big time and it just wouldn't work for me.

So I settled on using distress inks and a small mask for the moon to create the background. Then I used some die cuts for my snow banks. Cheating? Hmmmm, I preferred the end result lol.

I stamped my sentiment which is from the HLS Mixed Christmas Sentiments set. LOVE this set! When designing it, I just wanted sentiments that you could use on any Christmas Card you wanted to make. I had found that my current collection of stamps didn't really have the sentiments I wanted to be able to use. 

My sparkle was added by using stickles along the edges of the dies. I was going to stamp or emboss some stars in the sky but decided that a white gel pen would be perfect for little dots to create snow.


Here is a look at the stamp set that I used for this card -

Mixed Christmas Sentiments




You can find our stamp sets by visiting the store -



Have you also heard about our


Click HERE for all the details!



I hope to see you over at the HLS blog so you can check out the amazing creations by the Design Team :)



Thanks so much for looking xx





14 comments:

  1. Love that soft snowy sky Kylie and your snowbanks look great with the frosty sparkle.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Kylie your inking looks fabulous. Can't wait for my sentiments to arrive! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kylie. LOVE your moon with it's misty look. Such pretty snowy, night sky and love the snowbanks topped with sparkle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful, it was certainly worth the effort

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those snowbanks really sparkle. And the shimmer behind the moon in that sky really looks what we sometimes see in the winter. This is just a beautiful & sparkling card! The new sentiment set looks great on this one, Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the snow banks sparkle! I know the feeling with sponging the snow banks - took me a long time to get that down...lots of thrown away trials...lol! You're not alone. :) :) I love that sentiment, one of the ones that drew me to that set! Love your color choice too. Great card Kylie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Kylie.. Your background is perfect.. and I love how the snowbanks SPARKLE. And to top it all off with a fabulous sentiment.. it works wonderful here. Awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the use of the gel pen for snow in the sky! And the stickles sparkle for the snowbanks is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The end result is the important thing and your end result is perfect! Love those sparkling snowbanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those sparkly snowbanks are gorgeous, Kylie! Totally love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Kylie! I love how you created the effect with your moon, and your sparkly snowbanks are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow - I love those snowbanks.
    Thanks for the head up on my LIM showcase - feel a bit of a cheat as I cased your idea, but I did credit it as you know. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful winter landscape. I see this glow snow is amazing.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous landscape, love the snow banks. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.