Thursday 10 July 2014

Happy Birthday Monika!!

Today is Monika's birthday. Monika is one of my designers at ATSM and we are also team mates at STAMPlorations. Monika is one of the few lucky ladies that got to meet me in April.... oh! whoops! I was one lucky lady to meet Monika back in April while I was in London. We had lunch at St. Martin's in the Field - the Cafe in the Crypt! 

I was so appreciative of Monika's efforts - she left at some stupid hour of the morning (like 6am or something) and it took her a number of hours to get there (that's ok, Monika, it only took me like 23 hours to get to you, but you can have your day in the spotlight.. it IS your birthday. Sigh). 

All jokes aside Happy Birthday Monika! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Here is a card that I have made using my Mixed Media goodies (again).




The day I started making this card I received a parcel of goodies that I had ordered (for my birthday). I got a heap of Distress Inks and some Memento Inks. 

The base card was coloured using my alcohol inks again. I then sponged over my Fading Dots stencil. The 'bubble' stencil you see was on that I received from Loll for my birthday! I used texture paste with this one. 

I sponged three different DI's onto cardstock ( Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans & Broken China) and then stamped my butterflies and punched them out. I doubled them up with little foam squares.




Once the texture paste was dry I used the same bubble stencil and sponged over it with Memento Peanut Brittle. 

Then with my Celebrate sentiment from STAMPlorations (Sentiment Builders - Celebrate), I stamped it three times in different colours.




Lastly I sponged a bit of white ink back over the texture paste to give it some more dimension.

Well, I hope you like my card Monika! Have a wonderful day and I hope you are spoilt rotten! xx

I would also like to add my card into the following challenges -


(my third entry - I'm a little addicted to this Mixed Media stuff...)

Eclectic Ellapu - Birthday with a Butterfly
The Sailing Pineapple - Nature Calls


Thanks so much for looking xx


13 comments:

  1. An amazing work of art, Kylie! Monika will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh ... I can tell that you are ADDICTED to Mixed Media :) Another fabulous card with lots of texture and dimension ... and cool design and colors. Looks like you are having a lot of fun getting messy! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kylie. Love your grunge, it rocks!!! Also love your mixed media take on SU's Papillon Potpourri. Thanks so much for this lovely surprise. Have a great day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're absolutely rocking the mixed media, Kylie - fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you are becoming a mixed media addict! I love the colours and fab dimension-you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Kylie, love it


    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful background! Love the butterflies. Thanks for joining our challenge at The Sailing Pineapple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool card
    Thanks for joining us at the sailing pineapple for our nature challenge.

    Tracey dt

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, so you are officially addicted to mixed media. Don't you just LOVE getting messy with Distress Inks. This is so cool, Kylie. Thanks for hooking this one up at The Mixed Media Card Challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My apologies for the late post...This is absolutely gorgeous, Kylie! You did such an amazing job with mixed media...your color combo and layering is really fabulous! I'm sure Monika is going to appreciate all the love you put into her card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great background work!! and a beatiful card. thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ove the mixed media look you achieved with the distress ink, one of my own favourite lines, all things distress lol. I nearly said inks but I love the stains and paints too and alohol inks too sigh. Good thing I have them all or I'd be inspired to buy them ;) I have a bunch of backgrounds made in similar ways... Maybe I will be inspired to use them instead! Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu - Purple

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card! The textures and the colors look so great!
    Thanks for playing with us at MMCC. Hope to see you with us again in August!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.