Monday 26 November 2012

Happy Christmas, Mate!

I hope everyone has enjoyed or is enjoying their weekend wherever you are around blog land!

I have made a card today for two challenges. The first one is Keep it Simple which is a colour challenge this week. The other is Christmas Card Challenges where you need to paper piece.

I have really wanted to try paper piecing for ages and I ended up asking the Queen of Paper Piecing herself a little about it - The amazing Loll has a very easy to follow tutorial and it was terrific to be able to put the technique into one of my cards.

I chose a SU image that I felt would suit the colours at Keep it Simple perfectly. My Santa surfing the waves is so cute and I just love his shorts!


I paper pieced the wave, Santa's shorts and hat and his surfboard. I coloured the rest in with Stampin' Write markers.
You can find the challenges by clicking on the images below
Use the colours in the logo as inspiration

Keep it simple!




Thanks for looking xx

8 comments:

  1. Awesome paper piecing Kylie!! I love your fun Santa, catching some waves before his big day! Cute, cute, cute! Will have to check out the new challenge blog "keep it simple".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card made me laugh - I love your Santa in shorts! You're right, this image suits the colours just perfectly.
    Paper piecing is a great technique, I also love to use it...
    Thanks for joining us at keep it simple!,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card, Kylie, what a cool Santa!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun christmas card! I love the paper pieced santa! It is good that he took some time of before the work begins...
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at KEEP IT SIMPLE!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, this is too fun, Kylie! LOVE the bold colors with your image--super fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling card. I love the image and your paper piecing looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is great, and your santa is just perfect for our color challenge! Thanks for making me smile and playing along at keep it simple!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb paper piecing! I love these bold colors! Very pretty card!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.