Sunday 14 August 2022

Birthday and Father's Day Cards

 Hi everyone, happy Sunday to you. I have a few cards to share with you as I haven't posted in a while. I am trying to keep up my cards that are for sale in one of the local shops and with Father's Day coming up in a couple of weeks, I really needed to get started!

Card #1
I have just purchased the Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend markers. I used to have the complete set but sold them a while ago now. I loved the idea of having 3 markers in 1. They certainly take up less space.
So, I wanted to try them out so brought out a cute image to practice on and ended up putting together a birthday card.
I distressed the background with oxide inks, added the clouds, popped up the image, and embossed the sentiment.

Card #2
I die cut the sentiment a number of times in different colours and just started to put cards together. This one I paired with a tool bag and tools coloured with my new markers.


Card #3
I used a couple of old HLS sets for the sentiments and used some new tool dies. I cut them first in silver mirror card, then cut them again in red card so I could overlay the 'handles'.

I would like to enter my cards over at the following challenges -
Card #1 - Allsorts (Create your own Background), Through the Purple Haze (Happy Birthday), Timeout Challenges (Make your own Background), AAA Birthday Challenges (Anything Goes)
Card #2 - Colourful Options (Tranquil Turquoise), Di's Digi Challenge (Die Cuts and/or Punches), Sweet Stampin' (Firsts - first time I've used these tri-blend markers)
Card #3 - Daisy Chain Challenges (Men/Boys), Mix it Up (CAS), Moving Along with the Times (Anything Goes)

      

Thank you for popping in and have a great weekend :)

10 comments:

  1. Such a fun card, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable image and a beautiful background. Love it! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cute dragon and fabulous night sky background, thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these cards are amazing!!

    Thanks for playing along over at MAWTT,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply magical birthday card! Love your fabulous background, looks wonderful with your dragon! Thank you so much for taking the time to play along with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 💙💙💙 your Fathers Day cards. They are wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge. I look forward to seeing more of your creations in the future. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous selection of creations thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creations! Thanks for sharing your cards with us for our 'firsts' challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards all three, but card No 1 with the adorable little dragon is my favourite! Love the beautiful inked sky! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday, hope to see you in future challenges too! Take care and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning CAS cards Kylie... I think you did great with your coloring! Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.