Sunday 22 December 2019

Christmas Poinsettia

Hi there, I have a quick post tonight to share a card I just made. After a full weekend of work and nanny duties, I decided some 'colouring in' to help wind down.

I have a new Penny Black stamp from the brushstroke collection called Christmas Red. I was a little intimidated to use it so I went all out and even used a technique that I'm not comfortable with. No line colouring.


I used my MISTI to stamp the image with antique linen ink. My polychromo pencils were used to create the outlines and then blended my colouring with gamsol and blending stump. You won't be able to see it in this photo but I also covered the whole thing with glitter using a Spectrum Noir pen.
I fussy cut the poinsettia then used a guillotine to give it a nice edge. I stamped the sentiment (using my MISTI), then poped up the poinsettia with foam tape.

I would like to enter my card over at the following challenges -
Penny Black Saturday Challenge (Sparkle and Shine), Penny Black and More (Flowers), My Time to Craft (Christmas Flowers), Day of the Month Cart Club (Poinsettia Day)

Thanks for popping in today. Only 3 more sleeps until Christmas! I hope you have a magical day :)

9 comments:

  1. A really beautiful and striking Poinsettia card. Many thanks for sharing and joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    Wishing you a Peaceful Christmas season.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Christmas card with a beautiful image, thanks for sharing at MTTC.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of loving work went into that card and it shows! Just beautiful! Happy Holidays to you and thank you for joining us at DotMCC. I hope we will see you again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous stamp and very striking colouring, lovely card!
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. I echo the adjective of gorgeous for your poinsettia focal Christmas card! This is stunning! Thanks for sharing at MTTC blog! Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunnung!! Your poisettia looks so real!
    Thank you for sharing with us at DotMCC.
    Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wonderful no line colouring gives a great dimension to your fascinating Poinsettia!! Simply stunning!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at DotMCC! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.