Sunday 15 September 2019

Perfectly CAS #1

Helllooooo! Every month on the 15th, there is a new challenge over at Perfectly CAS
Perfectly CAS? Yep, it's a new challenge blog and the designers and I are very excited to help inspire you.

Our theme for the next month is -


Here are my cards -

Card #1
Complete with a fingerprint smudge and a smidgen over the one third rule, I have still created a clean and simple card. By stamping at the bottom third and using a small sentiment, there is still plenty of 'white' space. Don't forget that 'white' space can be any colour card as long as there isn't anything stamped, glued, embossed, or embellished on that area.

Card #2
I masked off a section here with post-it tape. I quite randomly stamped my flowers within the third I was working with. I used a black pen and ruler to define that edge and stamped my sentiment above the line. Placing my sentiment above the line allowed me to 'cheat' a little but even with going over the one third rule, once again, I still have plenty of that perfect white space.

You will find heaps more inspiration over at the challenge blog. Please join us for our inaugural challenge!

I would like to enter my cards over at the following challenges -
Card #1 - The Flower Challenge (Anything Goes), STAMPlorations (Anything Goes), STAMPlorations (CAS)
Card #2 - Stampotique #SDC331 (Flower Power)

 

17 comments:

  1. So glad to see I'm not the only one who makes cards with finger marks!! I'm incredibly clumsy when it comes to putting my cards together, thank goodness for sequins etc!!! Your colouring of the flowers is quite amazing, especially the purple flowers. You did so well capturing the highlights. Love the placement of the image too and I don't think you really went over the 1/3 very much at all. Its a wonderful card and I'm so happy you shared it with us at The Flower Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, Kylie. I'm assuming you used your Polychromos here, your colouring is fabulous and I love the colours in your first card. Beautiful work xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS card Kylie and what a fun challenge - looking forward to lots of gorgeous CAS creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very pretty cards Kylie and I love your beautiful colouring of both. Looking forward to seeing how this new challenge progresses. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty
    Thank you for joining the Stampotique challenge
    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you shared the smudge *grin* Just adds another layer of novelty! Both your cards are lovely showcases of CAS perfection! Thrilled x honoured to on your team; thank you for having faith in me (which is something much needed these days!)
    Hugs and love~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful
    Thank you for joining us at Stampotique this time
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful CAS cards! Thx for joining us at Stampotique :)
    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two pretty floral creations Kylie, love the soft grey and the polychromo colouring of the first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had to come by and say congrats on the new challenge! Love the idea and look forward to playing along. Both your cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the new CASlicious challenge, Kylie!! I LOVE your cards, smudge and all, lol!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!
    love it, looks great :)
    Thank you for joining the Stampotique Challenge.
    Hugs Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards Kylie and your colouring is just fan-dabbi-dozy!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  14. The white really makes those colors pop! Thanks for sharing with Stampotique!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are gorgeous, beautifully coloured too xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are beautiful CAS cards!!! Thank you for the Stampotique challenge

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.