Saturday 19 January 2019

Less Is More #387 - Sketch

Hi everyone! We have a brand new challenge starting right now over at Less Is More! We are looking for entries that use our Sketch as inspiration.



Card #1
I used some masking tape to create my area to stamp in. I used circles to create a 'boy' themed background in green, brown, and orange. My little dinosaur (new set from Lawn Fawn) is coloured with a sharpie and a white gel pen for effect. For this card I flipped the sketch.

Card #2
Again, I created a mask and used distress ink to create my lighthouse beams. I coloured the lighthouse and die cut it so I could pop it up with foam tape. Again, I flipped the sketch for this card. The sentiment was also masked so I could stamp it within the beams of light.

Card #3
This time I went as close to the sketch as possible. I used a ruler and pencil to create the lines then I cut through them with a craft knife. I assembled some patterned paper behind the 'cutouts' and like a jigsaw, put it all back together again. I used a combo of a die cut and stamped sentiment.

There is heaps more inspiration from our Design Team over at the challenge blog including our wonderful Guest Designer - Toni (Frankie Loves Craft).

Our sponsor for this month is 
www.skullandcrossbuns.com


I would also like to enter my cards into the following challenges -
Card #1 - Just Add Ink (Something New), STAMPlorations (Stamps and Animals), Watercooler Challenge (Masculine)
Card #2 - Daring Cardmakers (Just Stamping), The Crafters Cafe (CAS using Yellow)
Card #3 - Simons Says (CAS), City Crafter (CAS)

   

Thanks for popping in, see you over there!

19 comments:

  1. WOWser, so many fab makes using the sketch, Kylie - top job too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing cards Kylie! Love the creative use of the sketch in your second card -super design. Love the bright colors of that one too! Great idea to use designer paper in your third card, it's always so hard to find a CAS way to use patterned paper and this example is perfect! Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. At first sight I found this sketch quite tricky. But I see you haven’t had any issues using it, with tree awesome designs. The lighthouse card is maybe my preferred one, you’ve been so creative to come up with this design idea. But the first one is such a cute one for a little boy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! You’ve been really inspired with this sketch, Kylie. What an amazing trio. I love your first card with those circles as a background for this cute dinosaur. Gorgeous birthday card too with the lovely pattern paper. But you stole my heart with your clever second card ! The lighthouse is such a wonderful idea for this sketch and I love the beautiful colours. Just stunning ! Have a fabulous Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little dinosaur card is so cute, Kylie! Your masked stamping is really effective for this boy card!!! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the LIM sketch, love the lighthouse especially! Thanks for joining us at Daring Cardmakers this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three wonderful CAS creations, Kylie - all so different. I particularly love the way you turned the sketch for the beacons from the lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great selection of CAS cards Kylie. That little dinosaur is just too cute, I love you addition of the rawr speech bubble! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love the dinosaur background you created with different stamps! And all of your cute cards.
    Thanks for sharing your stamped creations with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous creations and I do love the layout. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A sweet layout Kylie that you have used to full potential. I love seeing all the different ideas. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Three amazing cards! That dinosaur card is just so adorable! Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations Theme & Sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, this is very cool looking!! I love that the colors are peeking through the card front like that. What a great Birthday card. Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you'll join us again soon ~
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That is one awesome collection of cards Kylie. I loved your cute dinosaur as soon as I saw it with that spotty background. Your precision with the knife on the third card is superb and the paper is gorgeous. But....I'm clapping my hands at your sensational lighthouse. What a BRILLIANT way to use the sketch. Fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! YOur cards are so inspiring! I really thought your first card used DP! How cool that you craeted the pattern yourself! So very cute using the sketch for the lighthouse light! The last card is making me think about some of my bg stamps! Can't wait to try this sketch again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. all very awesome ... Thank you for participating in the challenge at Crafters Cafe. I wish you the best of luck. Come back again.
    Dawn DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Terrific designs...you have been very busy! Just perfect inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such fun takes on the LIM sketch, Kylie

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  19. SUch a fun dino! Love the background too! Thank u so much for playing with us at STAMPlorations sketch and theme this month! Do join us again! :)

    Suchi-DT xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.