Saturday 20 May 2017

Urban Style for Inkspirational

Hi there everyone! Time again for another fun challenge at Inkspirational! We have a very cool theme for you this fortnight -


Here is my take on 'Urban'


I embossed my London skyline and sentiment and then used the Brusho, Starch, and cling wrap technique to create my background. I haven't done this since the HLS retreat last year so it was good to be playing again. This is such a great way to create amazing backgrounds. 


I love the colours and effects you get! I was a little impatient with this one and took the cling wrap off a bit too early. Still, great results!

Here is my video tutorial I made some time ago which explains the process of this technique. PLUS a couple of other ways to use Brusho Crystal Powders too!


I hope to see you play along at Inkspirational for this challenge. The other girls have come up with awesome makes too so please pop on over to check them out.

Here is a summary of the products I used for this card -

        

         MISTI (Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented) - BACKORDER

Thanks for popping in!

8 comments:

  1. Your brush sky looks fabulous and this is a very original design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the amazing Brusho BG with beautiful skyline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grey Brushos blue sky - looks great with the white and is much bluer than the real London sky recently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool effect on the background! I have never seen that technique. Your city-scape looks great across the bottom in this design. Very urban!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you know I love this! Fab use of brushos x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You've created the perfect sky for your skyline image...and what great placement! My default image-positioning is typically smack-dab in the middle so seeing yours at the bottom has certainly caught my eye! Now, to figure out what images I can use for a similar effect...Love this!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blue is so bright and pretty Kylie and love the London scene at the bottom and the lovely sentiment which stand out really beautifully against the blue, and the sequins are a great finishing touch.
    P.S. I have just entered a card in your Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge and it has linked up but the picture is not showing. Don't know if you can fix this or if you delete it I will obviously try linking it again. Thanks Pat. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your brusho sky looks amazing, Kylie and the white skyline gives a lovely detailed image. The sparkly dots are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.