Sunday 5 February 2017

AAA Cards Guest Designer

Hello! I hope you are well and getting lots of crafty time.

Today I am excited to be a part of the new challenge at AAA Cards. Happy Little Stampers is sponsoring and Jane has asked me to be a Guest Designer. Thanks Jane!

Here is the theme for their challenge -


Now with this one, you also have the option to create a shaped card - It could be long and thin, a rounded square, circular, heart shaped, or any other shape you can imagine. Just make sure to keep it LOVE themed and CAS.

Here is my card -



I created my right hand side panel by smooshing scarlet brushos onto a piece of watercolour paper. Once it was dry, I smooshed some perfect pearls to give it that brilliant gold highlight.

Here is another photo without so much sunlight hitting the card -


I die cut the white left hand panel with a border die and did the same with a piece of black cardstock. I wanted just a sliver of black popping out from the edge.

I glued everything together and used some craft foam behind the whole left hand panel (I finally got some Sarah P!). This gives the panel a lot more stability than using strips of foam tape.

I stamped the sentiment and hearts from the HLS Rainy Days set. I coloured the hearts in and covered them with some wink of stella.


Well, I hope to see you over at AAA Cards for their first challenge in February. It will be a great chance to get those lovey dovey cards done for Valentine's.

Thanks for popping in xx

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous hot and spicy colours, love it! Thanks for joining in with this AAA Cards Challenge Kylie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! Kylie, this card is perfect !! I love the beautiful sentiment and gentle hearts and amazing color panel. WOW! Wonderful
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooozing with red hot brusho fun Kylie. Love it and such elegant shaping too. Brilliant idea and thanks as ever for being a perfect Guest Designer for us this time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The brushos look amazing with the shine and you just gave me an idea for a TO card using that sentiment-thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Lady! This is super cool, bright and fun! Just like you. I like it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful to have you designing with us. Love this card. That colored panel is amazing!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Kylie! I love your inky panel and smooshing. Congrats on your GD spot! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card, Kylie. I love that pop of colour on the right side :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.