Friday 21 October 2016

Brushos and Embossing

Hi there everyone. I have a card to share with you today that was inspired by one I received in the mail from the wonderfully talented Sarah (Sazzle Dazzle). It has been sitting proudly in my lounge room for weeks and weeks. I absolutely loved it - you can see her card HERE.

As well as CASEing Sarah's card, I decided to do a video tutorial as well. Unfortunately when I went to download the files from the card... well... they weren't there. Bugger. Will have to refilm it again tomorrow. So for the time being, I just have the card to share with you :)


Sarah created her brusho panel using yellow, red, and orange (I think) and the colours were amazing. I wanted to go wth a blue panel. I embossed the butterflies onto watercolour paper first. I also decided to emboss some circles for a bit of extra fun. I 'smooshed' my cardstock into three different colours of brushos (drying in between each smoosh) - Turquoise, Cobalt Blue, and Grey.


I die cut the word Smile 3 times in white cardstock and and glued them all together. The last diecut was in gold glitter paper and glued on last. This gave the sentiment amazing dimension. The sentiment was stamped onto a strip of card and then cut to size. The glitter dots finished it off.


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -

Cards and More #169 - Watercolour
Cardz for Galz #33 - Use at least one die
Die Cut Divas - Emboss


Here are the HLS Products I have used on this card -

          

Thanks again to Sarah for the inspiration!!

See you next time :)

13 comments:

  1. Love those blues Kylie, a super CASE of Sarah's card.
    Di has been busily adding to our Brusho stash, visiting her local art shop to purchase extra colours to supplement the 24 I've had for ages and the 12 from the retreat. I'm still trying to find out what OST stands for. Apparently Ost Blue is the art shop girl's fave, but I've yet to try it out.
    So pleased you joined us at CuM too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back again to say thanks also for joining us at Cardz4Galz too! :)

      Delete
  2. This is eye-poppingly jaw-droppingly fabulous Kylie! Tonnes better than mine but then you're the brusho queen! Beautiful colours and I'm honoured that you wanted to case my card! May have to give it a whirl with your colours now! Thanks for linking to FB message too. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is gorgeous Kylie. Amazing brusho background. Need to get mine out, haven't played for a while. I discovered some glitter foam that you can use to die cut. It is amazing so much easier than glueing them all together. It is a UK company so next time you are over we could get a pack for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! A little bit of The Tropics, a little Batik technique, gorgeous butterflies, a little beachy in color, not sure how you combined all that into one amazing creation, but you certainly did so with flying colors, Kylie! GORGEOUS!

    Thank-you for joining us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. We love seeing your paper crafting projects, and are so happy you have joined us! Please check back to see if you have won a badge!
    crafty hugs,
    de
    P.S. I'd love for you to visit my personal blog if you have a chance. Thanks!
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is s a gorgeous card. I love everything about it! THank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Sian.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Blue is my favourite colour so I love your blend of colours. The gold sentiment and glitter dots add a touch of elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW... Kylie, this is gorgeous and love your butterfly background with the gold glittery sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is full of traffic. As a frame from a movie about a swarm of butterflies :-) I love watercolor coloring. Great inspiration, Kylie!
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Cardz 4 Galz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creation. Great mix of colors and love the design too.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this card, with the brightness of the embossed butterflies to the simple glittery sentiment and it all works seamlessly together. Thank you for joining the Time to Emboss challenge over at Diecut Divas. Cathie DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a striking card, Kylie, and a wonderful CASE of Sarah's beautiful card! I think the circles are such a great touch!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.