Sunday 20 March 2016

Happy Birthday Kim - Surprise Linky Party!


As you may have guessed, I am hosting a surpirse birthday party here on my blog. 

We have a wonderful and dear friend that is celebrating her birthday today -

Kim Heggins of Cupcakes, Cards and Kim - isn't she beautiful!!!

Welcome

Kim is on my design team at Happy Little Stampers. She currently creates for my CAS and CASE teams. Kim is a wonderful team player and is so enthusiastic. She is also on a number of other design teams (The Challenge, 12 Kits of Holidays, Simply Create Too, ColourQ) - one busy bee! 

I really wanted her birthday to be special for her this year and bring all of us crafty friends together and show her how much we love her.


Here is my card for Kim -



I decided to try colouring on black cardstock. I LOVE how it turned out. I embossed the first flower and then covered it with a mask and stamped the second flower. I kept doing this until I was happy with my design. I also embossed the sentiment.

I simply coloured the flowers and leaves with pencils.

I had so much fun making this card that I even created a second card and video tutorial for you to try it out yourself!



I have used the new set from Happy Little Stampers called 'Doodled Flowers'.

Doodled Flowers - PREORDER


Below you will find the linky so you can join in. I will have it open for 2 weeks giving you plenty of time to wish Kim a Happy Birthday in your own way and to also spread the word. Please link back to this post so others may join in.



18 comments:

  1. Your card is so striking Kylie - I love how the colour pops off the card. Thanks so much for hosting this tribute to Kim.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking card and loving the contemporary look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card,Kylie! Thanks for doing this for Kim! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie, I love your card!! I would never have thought to color on black - thanks for sharing your wonderful video - AND for being such a wonderful hostess! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Kylie, for doing this for our talented and awesome friend Kim! Your card and video are amazing!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card in black! I've never tried coloring on black cardstock and am now so inspired to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How deliciously bold and dramatic, Kylie ... such gorgeous blooms! Thanks so much for hosting such a fab linky party for sweet Kim ... looking forward to browsing! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card, Kylie!!!! Thanks for giving Kim such a fun surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kylie....I am speechless! You are so sweet and kind to have organized this party, when I saw your post I could not stop the tears, just over whelmed at your kindness and for all the amazing cards everyone has made. You totally made my day! Your card is absolutely gorgeous, thank you for the bottom on my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Kylie ..... love those new stamps! Thanks for being such a fabulous hostess xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous bold card, love the new flower stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kylie what a gorgeous card for akin and wonderful video tutorial. Thank you for organizing this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, wow! Your card is amazing, and so helpful to see a video. So glad you organized this hop for Kim! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've done the pencil on black but colored it white first. Now I see I didn't have to do that. Your cards are so striking, Kylie, and thanks for throwing the party for Kim. I'm so far behind but I plan to get a card in before the deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is amazing! Thanks for the video tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your birthday card is amazing. Thanks a lot for sharing these photos. My sister’s birthday is about to come and need some ideas for her birthday. I want to host this party at one of indoor venues in NYC and hopefully will arrange things perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.