Tuesday 7 October 2014

STAMPlorations Sketch #21

Hi there everyone. Well call me silly because I thought I had scheduled this post to go live 10 hours ago but turns out I hadn't even written the bloody thing... So sorry, Shery!!

Over at STAMPlorations, we have a brand new sketch for you and it is a ripper.



I had so many thoughts go through my head for this one and here is what I came up with 




I stamped, masked and embossed the sunflowers and then used a cotton bud to apply distress inks. I then added a bit of ink to a scrunched up baby wipe and swiped it over the panel to give it that sun beam streaky look.

I embossed some strips of paper and then popped everything up with foam dots. This isn't exactly how I thought this would turn out and I nearly chucked it in the bin but it started to grow on me. 

I have used Bloom Sketches: Sunflower Artsy for this card.

I was once again inspired by the Fusion Challenge where this time I used just the photo



Thanks so much for looking xx



10 comments:

  1. LOVE this style of inking and embossing, so artistic and lovely!! Thanks for joining us at FUSION, so HAPPY you did Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the sun beams...it was the first thing I spotted, what a great idea- haven't seen anyone do that before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever inking Kylie, thanks for the heads up about the basket weave embossing folder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie. Love the sunbeam effect! The yellow is so cheerful. As you've said already on your card 'You're the Best'! B-) Have a lovely day! Hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi SILLY! Love the sunbeam effect Kylie, must remember that technique and the flowers are gorgeous:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the texture and that great inky bloom ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing look with the swiped baby cloth ... really does look like sun streaming down from the gorgeous sunflower. Awesome design!!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! The bold color and added texture make this extra ordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've had a lot on your mind, Kylie, but I'm sure glad you got it posted so you could win an HM honor from Fusion!! Congratulations!! Hope your Dad is doing lots better! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.