Monday 24 February 2014

IBS Spotlight - Hope Happens

Welcome to Monday. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

The card I have to show you today is highlighting a beautiful Inspired by Stamping set called Beautiful Iris.

This card has very special meaning to me as it has been made for an amazing surgeon and his staff at the Royal Brisbane Hospital.

A couple of weeks ago, I was up visiting my middle sister in Caloundra to help her move into her new home. My youngest sister and her family made the long drive up from Canberra for a holiday before the kids had to go back to school. On the 7th of February my youngest sister's husband had a fall and was taken to hospital. After stabilising him, they needed to airlift him to Brisbane for emergency brain surgery as he had a clot and swelling of the brain. They were honest - he may not make it. 

To make a long story short - My BIL had the surgery and made a miraculous recovery in the ICU over the next few days. My sister was an amazing woman through all this - they have 3 kids (ages 10, 7 and 8 months) . She had to go through all the emotions of the almost certainty of losing her husband, to waiting through the surgery, to find out the prognosis (would there be a full recover, brain damage etc), to the absolute relief of the surgery being a complete success and a full recovery to be had. 

It was a long few weeks for the whole family. I offered to make a card for the staff at the hospital. Hence the title of my post - HOPE HAPPENS. If you don't have hope, you don't have anything... we certainly had a lot of hope and prayers through this ordeal.


Here is my DT card -



I tried a brand new technique for me. I inked up the stamp with my markers and then spritzed it with water and stamped onto watercolour paper. The image isn't as 'watery' as I would have liked but I'm sure through practice, I will get the right mix. I can't believe I haven't used this technique before!! It will be used more often, I assure you, as I love the effect.

Over at Inspired by Stamping we have a Blog Hop happening right now and the theme is FLOWERS


Inspired-by-Stamping-February-2014-Blog-Hop

The Blog Hop runs until the 6th of March so you have plenty of time to get your entry in. You DO NOT have to use Inspired by Stamping products to participate but if you do, there is also a customer gallery that you can enter to be in the running for prizes.


Thanks so much for looking xx 

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and I really admire your bow - I wish I could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie your post brought tears to my eyes. So thankful that prayers were answered for your BIL. What a beautiful card to express your appreciation for the surgeons. Thanks for sharing. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased that your BIL is on the rad to recovery. And this card will mean so much to the staff. The image is stunning and I love the colour mix. You know if it was more watery you might freak as it wouldn't be uniform!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, the flowers are gorgeous and the bow is divine! I'm so glad to hear that your BIL is on the mend and that your sister can breathe a well deserved sigh of relief. You're absolutely right, we must all have hope and I needed to be reminded of that today, so thank you for that too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Kylie and what a positive note to start a monday morning off. So pleased that your BIL is making a full recovery:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous watercolored iris Kylie. Love the colors and design of your card. So happy that your BIL is doing well and will make a full recovery. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Kylie and I am so glad to hear that your BIL is on the mend - it must have been such a scary time for you all - aren't doctors and nurses are amazing! I bet they will love your card:) hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful beautiful card :) I am glad ur BIL is on recovery, God is with us all the time !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been trying this technique too and mine are always too watery! I love these irises! They're one of my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.