Saturday 29 December 2012

Technique Tuesday - Faux Tiles

Well, mum and I have been VERY busy today, lol.
I was showing her the challenge over at Technique Tuesday which is to create something using Faux Tiles. Next thing I know, mum is over at the craft desk already starting her card!!!

Mum was very creative with this challenge. She started by embossing a piece of cardstock with the Elegant Lines folder and then using sponge daubers to ink up the pattern. She then cut everything out in odd shapes and stuck it all back together. A few little butterflies from the Beautiful Wings set and she was finished! I love the colours that she used and the end result is just gorgeous.

Here is her card -




Now, my card is something really different for me and I loved creating it for this challenge. I seem to stick to CAS cards these days but this card really needed to have all the extras that I could bring myself to put on it!


Here is my card -


I started making my faux tiles with First Edition DSP. I have used my Spellbinder circle dies for the sponged cardstock and DP. The lace is from Inspired by Stamping. I have also used butterflies from the Beautiful Wings Embosslits. I have added pearls to the large butterfly and around the spare corners of the card. The only stamp I have used for this card is the sentiment which has been die cut with my Framelit labels set and popped up under the lace. Very lah, di, dah for me but I must admit that I really like it!!

Head on over to Technique Tuesday to see the amazing DT creations. They are very, very inspiring!!

I would also like to enter my card into the awesome challenge over at Flutter by Wednesdays - anything goes!!

Thanks for looking xx



8 comments:

  1. I think you should resign and put your mum in charge !!!!!! only joking but that sure is a fantastic card love the design Kylies mum and the beautiful colours , obviously your daughter has learnt from the master ! Kylie yours is not bad either !!!!! Ok its better than not bad infact its rather lovely

    Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these cards are so pretty! How nice that you and your mum can stamp together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just loving all these "mother/daughter" card posts, Kylie! Tell you mother that I ADORE her amazing use of color! Your card is just as beautiful--I LOVE the DSP you used and the shabby/vintage feel! Thanks SO MUCH for being loyal to Technique Tuesday! WE LOVE having you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie, it sounds such fun crafting with your Mum. Please tell her she is one talented lady and so creative. Both cards are just beautiful. Are we getting a 3 layer technique lesson (hint, hint, wink!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are very pretty. love the bright colours on your mothers and the funky cut tiles and the soft feminine look of yours. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these cards are beautiful! I love all of the colors your mom used and then your classic vintage card with the print and lace. Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun creations with that technique, I need to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Kylie! Fabulous designs and colors ~ Love them both! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Technique Tuesday!
    Nancy xx :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.