Monday 31 December 2012

Anything but a card - {Altered Box}

Hellooooooooooooooo! I hope today finds you well! My mum leaves me today to fly back to Canberra, sniff sniff. I've had soooo much fun crafting with her and I hope you have enjoyed seeing our little creations.

Mum just asked me to help her set up her own blog when I go to Canberra mid January!! Woooo hoooooo!! You got her hooked, girls!!

Today I am going to share with you a first for me - I have altered a box. I will be entering this into the challenge over at Anything But A Card.

I purchased a pack of these boxes from Lincraft. 


Very plain and yucky huh?

I started by painting the outside of the box and lid with a white acrylic paint. I ended up doing about 3 coats of paint. Then waited for it to dry......... snore!!

 My next step was to measure up all the surfaces so I could cut out the DP I had selected. Once I had stuck it all on, I decided to add the lace and the flowers (from Inspired by Stamping). The tag is from my Four Frames stamp set and co-ordinating label punch.



Once it was all together, I sprayed it quite liberally with a Gloss Spray Sealer. I will give it another burst when the wind dies down outside, lol.

This was really fun to do and I can't wait to start making all my Christmas boxes like this!!

Thanks so much for looking xx




8 comments:

  1. A beauty of a box! How cool that your mom wants to start a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I bet we start seeing lots of 3D items from you now lol. Shame you're losing your mum today, but you'll be up this way in a couple of weeks and we'll have lots of fun.

    So great that your mum wants to start her own blog.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Kylie. What lovely soft colours and I really like bothe the spotty and the lace trims.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the feminine look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, gorgeous, this looks great. I really do have to try things like this, I bet you are so pleased with it. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kylie. I love this!! OK, now you've got me going ... I'm going to have to try making my own gift packages! :)

    I'm so happy that you and your mum got to spend the holidays together and also share your passion for card making. Good on her for starting up her own blog! Happy New Year! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous makeover , could do with one myself !!!!!!! So glad your mum is going to start her own blog will look forward to seeing more of her wonderful creations.

    Happy new year !XXXX

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this altered box!!! The flower cluster is just PERFECT! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.