Wednesday 12 December 2012

Make My Monday - White on White

On a very blowy day here in Queensland, it gives me an opportunity to get some craft in. 

I am entering a challenge today that I haven't been able to for some time now. It is a wonderful challenge over at Make My Monday. The DT have some gorgeous inspiration for you. Their challenge this week is to make a White on White Christmas card.


I have used my Holiday Frame embossing folder for the first time. I have tried to use it before but I was never very successful with it. I'm not sure why but this folder really intimidates me. I don't know why, but I always get a few little creases on the cardstock once I have popped it through the Bigshot. I have tried different thicknesses but it always seems to happen :( Any suggestions would be welcome. 

I used my Ornament Keepsake set and stamped this bauble/ornament in Whisper White and then embossed with Clear powder. The ribbon is Whisper White satin. Unfortunately my photo doesn't show the pattern too well on the embossed ornament but it looks lovely in real life. 

This would also be perfect for our current challenge over at Addicted to CAS where the code word is Bauble! I'm going to link it up as a DT contribution.


Thanks so much for looking xx

14 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous! I love that fabby embossing along with your bauble! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, Kylie!!! LOVE the embossing and your ornament is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! Love the white on white with that gorgeous embossed background! Loll xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Kylie! Hugs, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous, I so love your take on the white on white-very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I so love white on white and that embossed ornament on your mat layer is divine! Lovely lovely lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol I hadn't read your other comments but now see the one above is super similar to what I wrote!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Kylie - I love white on white as well but this embossing folder is gorgeous; so classy. Sometimes I have the same problems when it's a very intricate e/f - it seems to pinch the outside edge of the card (not sure if that's your problem too?).

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Firstly thank you so much for joining us at Addicted to CAS !!!! lol !!! Fabulous card Kylie and that embossing folder is superb , a perfect match with the beautiful bauble, classy and elegant .

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning card Kylie - great embossing too! Thanks so much for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, elegant card Kylie!!! Love the embossed background and the clear embossing you have used on the bauble!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous embossing on this beautiful card. thank you for joining us at MMM hope you join us again after our short Christmas break.
    Suzi B :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks good to me, I love the embossing shape and the bauble.
    Thanks for joining with us at Make My Monday. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Kylie. The embossed panel is beautiful and makes the lovely bauble really pop.
    Thanks for joining in at MMM.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.