Monday 2 June 2014

STAMPlorations Sketch #13

Hi everyone!

Second day of winter here. It got a little coolish overnight but I can't complain - still in a t-shirt and bare feet. Love our weather!! lol

 I am so happy to be back designing for STAMPlorations after my big holiday overseas. Shery is the best boss and let me take annual leave! Thanks Shery!


Over at STAMPlorations, we have a sketch for you which you have a fortnight to play with.




Here is my DT card -




I have used another technique new to me. Can you guess what the colourful panel is? It is foil! I glued a piece of household foil to a piece of cardstock, embossed it with my Vintage Wallpaper folder, covered it with gesso, dripped alcohol inks over the top, blended black ink over the top and then sanded it down a little. I found this technique on Pinterest (via Vicki). It is pretty cool! You can watch it HERE on youtube.

The flower die is a new one (I have actually just purchased a number of new dies and can't wait to share the rest of them with you!). It is from Memory Box and called Tilth Floral. I have 3 die cuts on there. The little gem is from a packet I bought in Spain.

We are also very lucky to have a Guest Designer! Monika has made a beautiful card for you to drool over!

The gorgeous little sentiment is from the STAMPlorations Patchwork Frenzy: Graphic Squares set.

I hope you will play along this fortnight with our sketch!! There are prizes to be won for the month of June -




Thanks so much for looking xx

12 comments:

  1. FABulous background panel, Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you back at STAMPlorations, Kylie! That panel is gorgeous, the colors really shine! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa - vacay was obviously good for your mojo. What a technique and what a result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kylie, this is fabulous. What a cool technique and those does looks so delicate....you so know I would have thrown my big shot out trying to cut them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGorgeous, Kylie!! Your tin foil panel is nothing short of jaw-dropping and awe-inspiring! Absolutely beautiful!! The technique is well beyond my skill level, but one of these days, I'll have to try! Stunning in every way...WOW!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AWESOME - have to watch that video....what a fab technique - have to try that one day....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab technique Kylie, love your card!!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB U LICIOUS Kylie , the technique is new to me too...ooohhh might have to give that a go on a LO soon!!! Thanks for all the inspo - cant wait to catch up over at the island soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool. LOVE this technique and thanks for the link to the tutorial. Love the mix of colors over the beautiful design of your embossing folder. Wow! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kylie. Great to see you back here. Love the multi-coloured panel. never would have guessed how you made it! Must check it out on youtube. Have a fantastic day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.