Wednesday 4 June 2014

Post Holiday Depression - ATSM Challenge #98

Good morning everyone! How are you all?

How am I? I am sooo depressed! Why you may ask? It is just over 2 weeks since I got back from my epic holiday in London and Spain and I want to go back!!!

I miss all the girls (and Callum & Freddie) that I met while over there. I have so many amazing memories and wonderful photos of my journey. My mum asked me the other day if my holiday was just a distant memory now. I said no way!! I think of it every day, lol!! 

Over at ATSM our challenge this week is HOLIDAY.

So, I have created a card for ALL my friends that I met on the way.

First up was Sandie & Callum, Monika, Sue, Val, Sylvia and Marina. I met all these lovely ladies from our blogging community in London. I still can't believe that happened!! Sandie had to put up with me for a week.... poor thing :)

Then off I went to Spain where my hosts were Florence and Freddie. Wow! I love them to bits and cannot thank them enough for putting up with me for 3 weeks! THEN, we were graced by Marie's presence in Spain for 5 days. Marie came all the way from Greece to meet us (although I beat her in travelling time. It's a bloody long way from Australia to Europe!!). 


Here is my DT card which is for all of you!




 This is a very CAS card but there is heaps of inspiration from my holiday on here. 

Firstly, the thongs (ok, flip flops). I bought numerous pairs of shoes while in Spain and most of them had lots of bling on them. The bling on my die-cut thongs are actually from a packet that I bought in Spain.

While wearing a pair of these blingy thongs, Marie stood (fell) on my foot after we had copious amounts of.... um... water to drink. I have a scar now...

See my enamel dots? (My inspiration for these have come from Sandie.) They aren't enamel dots but ones that I have made myself. I went to the hardware shop (aka Bunnings) the other day and headed for the paint section. You know all the little colour samples they have for you to look at? Those swatches make awesome little additions to your craft room. The thongs have been die-cut from one of the swatches (the thickness of the swatch is perfect for die cutting and leaving you with a very sturdy die). I chose three other colours and used a hole punch and glossy accents to create my own little enamel dots! Easy peasy!

I think it's time to get the big camera out again as my little point and shoot isn't cutting the mustard for my cards. It was a fantastic camera to take away on holiday, though. Everyone loved my photos.

Oh the memories - London: red buses, the tube, the open bus city tour, the theatre, sushi, cocktails, chinese take away, freezing my bum off, lunch at the pub, crafting with Sandie, the sights, cocktails, the cobblestones ;), lunch with all the gorgeous ladies, cocktails, celebrating Callum's birthday, omg the list goes on and on.

Then Spain - the scenery, the goats, the chooks, Florence, seeing the African coastline, the Butterfly Farm, Freddie, Alcazaba, the Roman Theatre, Marie, dipping our toes in the Mediterranean Sea, freezing my toes off, the shopping, lunches, Lake Vinuela, Apple Crumble, Picasso Museum, The Venta (omg that was the best!), all the bloody bars we went to (loved it!!!), sitting on a cannon (umm ahhh), and this list goes on and on and on.

I printed off my first holiday photo to put in a frame today. I bought this frame at one of the many souvenir shops in London and thought it would be perfect for....



this photo of Sandie and I just before going in to watch Jersey Boys at the Picadilly Theatre. It was AWESOME!!

Holy cow, this is my longest post in history! Sorry to bore you....

Back to business at ATSM -

We also have the wonderful Kathryne as our sponsor for ATSM this week -


The prize on offer is 5 digis from her store!!


Just before I go - the dies that I have used on this card are from Lil' Inkers. I am a little obsessed with them right now. I bought about 4 sets not long ago and am only having a play with them now. I have always loved the stitched rectangles and just had to have them!

I would also like to enter my card into the following challenges -

Curtain Call - Something Simple
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes


Thanks so much for looking xx


10 comments:

  1. Well, after reading all that, I went "What? She's done talking about her holiday already?!?!?!" You were just getting to the good stuff and then you had to cut it short -- no fair LOL!

    ~Shery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely post, makes me want to cry!! And it feels kinda quiet here now after having you and then Nonni to stay, I feel my buddies have gone along way away. I adore this photo of us and the frame is perfect, makes me smile!! And way to go with the enable dots hon. I am off at the weekend to buy some blingy flats for my hols xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a thoughtful card and post, Kylie. The white stitch matt looks fabulous on the red card and I love the little flipflops! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card and a lovely one to dedicate to all the wonderful on-line friends that you got to meet in person!! :) Great job with making your own enamel dots!

    LOVE the frame that you bought for your picture with Sandie --- it is perfect! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kylie - this is a lovely post. It takes a while to get back to the normal routine of things, especially after such a fab trip. This is a beautiful card to dedicate to all your friends. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet post, oh how you miss ur time ! I love the way u frame the pic... such a wonderful way to capture the moment :) You holiday card with the flip flops is so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a clever CAS. Love the flip-flops. Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Cheers,
    Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cuteness! Love the bling on the sandals :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kylie. Got a little reminder of you adorning my freezer door. Good to hear how much you enjoyed yourself in good old Europe. Love the card, great idea of making your own enamel dots. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a fabulous day! Hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel as though I traveled with you Kylie after reading this wonderful post. So happy that you had such an amazing trip and were able to make those personal connections around the world. Hope you foot feels better :o) that's what happens when you drink too much ummm...water. Absolutely terrific way to make your card as a memory of your trip. LOVE those paint chip thongs (my daughter says that "no one calls them flip flops anymore Mom!". Hugs D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.