Tuesday 13 December 2016

Day 10 - Twelve Days of Christmas Cards Challenge

Day 10! The time has flown by. I hope you have been enjoying the inspiration so far :)


You can enter as many times as you like! There are prizes up for grabs too! The linky tool will be open until 12pm on the 17th of December (AEST)


Here is the card that I am sharing with you today -



I have to say that this card gave me a lot of grief :( I was trying something new from my stash - Ranger Gold Tinsel embossing powder. This takes a bit of trial and error. Well it did for me lol. Because it is a combination of embossing powder and glitter, you have to be careful that you don't get more glitter than embossing powder when you sprinkle it onto your sentiment/image. The only way I could try and get a decent mixture is shake the bottle first and then hope for the best. I'm sure it is only me that has this problem....

After I stamped the 'Merry' from the HLS Everyday Sentiments set, I used my embossing pen to add ink where I wanted to partly emboss. I didn't get the best coverage on the first try so I just repeated what I did and it turned out pretty well. The holly is from the HLS Christmas Joy set which I coloured then covered with clear wink of stella. A few splats finished this off :)

I can't wait to introduce the friend that is joining me for Day 10 -

DARNELL KNAUSS

Darnell is well known in blogland for her witty and fun blog posts. Not only that but she is an amazing cardmaker! Once again, Darnell is someone that I met in the UK for the HLS Craft Retreat. Darnell flew all the way from the US of A to be part of the retreat. We had a fantastic weekend together. I loved meeting her and we have memories that will last a lifetime.


Darnell, I love this card! All that sparkle is so pretty! Darnell has used the Big Bold Numbers from HLS and has used them beautifully!!! 

I have wonderful sponsors joining us!
Thank you Darnell for helping out with the inspiration today.

All our cards and your entries will be pinned HERE!


8 comments:

  1. I think you navigated your way through the trial-and-error phase, Kylie: this is one gorgeous card with the pretty shimmery sentiment, flanked by the lovely red and gold strips and paired with the fabulous holly! Embossing powder and glitter...intrigued! Darnell's card, with her 'schparkly scheen' is simply fantastic!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two more beautiful cards Kylie. Love how you did your sentiment, must try that with the mix embossing powder with glitter and Darnells card is so pretty, love the die cut she has used. A wonderful friend always there to help others along thawed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was meant to say along the way not thawed!!!! lol

      Delete
  3. Another beautiful card, Kylie! I love all of the sparkle on your sentiment, and your splatters on the background are perfect for this card! Thanks for letting us know to shake the bottle...I'll have to try it with mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's okay, Aileen, I would also thaw you out if you were frozen, lol! Thank you, Kylie, for asking me to be one of your designing friends for your Twelve Days Challenge! And thank you for your very kind words; it was a pleasure to meet you, too! I love the rosy gold look of the Merry on your pretty card today! The whole design looks like a beautiful bound book with a heartwarming Christmas story inside!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful makes, ladies! You both seem to have gone for some sparkle and glitz. Love how your sentiment turned out Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas inspirations, today! LOVE both of them. The gold and splatters are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.