Monday 11 May 2015

Summer Projects with Inspired by Stamping

Hi there everyone. This week at Inspired by Stamping, we are concentrating on Summer Projects.


Projects aren't really my forte but I really enjoyed making this one.



Using a 10" x 8" canvas, I used some acrylic paint to create the splattered background.

Then I had to create the background colours for my butterflies. I sprinkled brushos onto watercolour, sprayed the paper with water and then dried them with my heat gun.

While I was waiting for the canvas to dry, I started embossing my butterflies. I then fussy cut them all out.


Using foam pads, I popped them up on the canvas.



To give them more dimension, I bent their wings.

Lastly, I stamped the sentiment.



Here is the stamp set I have used -




Thanks so much for looking xx



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful canvas, Kylie! Love the splatter background and your pretty butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pretty butterflies - beautiful canvas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is awesome! Beautiful butterflies all aflutter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous canvas Kylie. I hope you're handing this up in your home so you can see it all the time. Very beautiful and inspiring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kylie! you have created a beautiful canvas, love all the butterflies and colors.
    hugs Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really gorgeous Kylie!! Love all of those colorful butterflies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really gorgeous. I would find it difficult to work with a space so much larger than a card, but you have done so perfectly. Love how you have colored and arranged your butterflies, and those splatters surrounding them really draw my eye in to your focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really gorgeous canvas, Kylie! I love the splattered background and your butterflies are amazing! I'll bet this is going to look beautiful hanging in your home :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.