Friday 1 May 2015

HLS May Sketch Challenge + DT call

Hello! It's the first of the month (pinch and a punch) and a brand new Sketch is ready for you to play along with over at Happy Little Stampers




We also have heaps of announcements over at the blog including a brand new challenge that is starting up in July and a DT call for ALL our monthly challenges. Pop on over to find out more.


Here are my DT cards (yep I made two)



My first card was created by masking off a section with painters tape and then sponged ink through a Tim Holtz stencil. I rotated the stencil when applying the second ink (black).  I like the masculine feel of this card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges



ABC Challenge - H is for Happy Birthday




My next card was a bit of a mistake really. I masked off a section again and used my Hero Arts dot stamps to recreate the sketch. I went to stamp my sentiment (a freebie when I ordered from Whimsy Stamps) and what did I do? I stamped it upside down!! Hahahahah!! I went to throw it in the bin and thought I could get away with it by 'pretending' I had 'meant' to flip the sketch upside down. Worked for me!! ;)

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges

Crafty Gals Corner - Polka Dots and/or Stripes

Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is


and you could win 3 digis of your choice!


Ok! Now pop on over to Happy Little Stampers because there is heaps going on and you don't want to miss out.



Thanks so much for looking xx






18 comments:

  1. LOVE your two sketch cards Kylie. The first one definitely has a masculine feel to it. Great colour combo --- very cool!! And I LOVE your "mistake" :) It looks awesome withe the sketch flipped. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two bubbly-brilliant cards, Kylie! The first is guy perfect; the second, "design innovation' inspiring! Awesome!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so cool - especially the second one with all those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 great cards Kylie! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards! The first really does have a great masculine feel. Thanks for joining us over at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, these are fab...given me some ideas for a future DT card for TO-thank you. I adore the first card-love airy feel plus grunge-will be CASEing this and those colours on the second are fab and think I like the sketch this way round-will be playing for sure. By the way, I think you rock at designing sketches x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops forgot to say thanks for joining Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so awesome, Kylie! The second one is just plain festive and fun...love it! And the first has such a masculine flavor! Stamping upside down? Yup...been there, done that,bought the t-shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the 2nd card -- all those colors together - FABuLOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these cards! And it's awesome to make mistakes sometimes, as they let you see things differently! It worked super well for this card! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the rings and it is a perfect card for a guy! And I love the bright circles and the way you "flipped" the sketch for the second card! I'd wondered if flipping was allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are amazing! Totally love that you flip the sketch on the second card! Those colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards, Kylie! Love the TH stencil and the colors on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two fantastic cards. I love the bright colours you have used when stamping your spots and dots, and I love how you have rotated the sketch so that the dots are at the bottom. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two FABULOUS cards, Kylie! I love the color combo with the stamps you chose on the first one, and how you flipped the sketch on the 2nd one! As always, you knocked it outta the park with your amazing creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are stunning - I have cased them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the zingy colour combination on this card - it counters the white space beautifully. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers & more.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love both your cards, Kylie. Beautifully designed! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.