Monday 3 August 2015

HLS August CAS Challenge

Hello and good morning! I hope everyone is well and ready for a new CAS Challenge over at Happy Little Stampers!

This month we are concentrating on 



I love masking images and in particular butterflies as you can see by the card I have made.



I have used the new Butterfly Birthday set from Happy Little Stampers. Did you know that we have our own line of stamps now? I love the butterfly set (if I do say so myself, wink wink).

For this card, I embossed my first butterfly onto watercolour paper and then used a post it note mask to cover it up and embossed the next one. I repeated this step until I had my four butterflies.

To create the watercolours, I used brushos in my paint tray and added the first colour (which happened to be purple). I dried off the first layer then added a puddle of colour to the edges of that butterfly and misted it with some water so it would run off the edges. I repeated this step with the other colours.

I hope that you can join in the fun this month! We can't wait to see what you come up with :)


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -



Thanks so much for looking xx







Don't forget that you can now go to the 






24 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE this bright beauty Kylie! Those beautiful butterflies really pop against that bold, colourful background! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Kylie, the butterflies look gorgeous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... LOVE this card Kylie. Your butterflies are so gorgeous with the different colours. Great technique. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background for your masked and stamped butterflie, which adds wonderful layering on a one layer main image. TFS Kylie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card looks amazing Kylie and I love all the pretty colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab job on the masking, and gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Kylie .... I love the white embossing, it really pops against that fab coloured background. My stamps arrived this morning .... thank you. Can't wait to have a play. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Kylie, this is a stunner! Fantastic masking and I love how the colours flow together. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, Kylie! You have done such a good job with your masking and embossing and your background with all the vivid colours really makes the butterflies pop,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card, Kylie! You have done such a good job with your masking and embossing and your background with all the vivid colours really makes the butterflies pop,

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it and love the stamp set--you rock!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! This is sooooo pretty, the brushos paired with your stamps is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card..the colors are gorgeous..... I can't wait to play with your new stamp sets

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful, Kylie! I love all these brightly colored butterflies! Looking forward to have some flitting around in my studio!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful, Kylie! I love all these brightly colored butterflies! Looking forward to have some flitting around in my studio!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous colors. Love the butterflies - they make me smile.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that is a super cool use of masking and embossing and watercoloring! What a super card...so rich and pretty! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful, bright and happy card Kylie - your stamps look amazing and YAY, mine arrived this morning!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful look with these gorgeous brushos. Loved your technique and it was certainly stunning with the white embossing of this lovely butterfly. Really great showcase of the new stampset. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, Kylie!!! Embossed butterflies are stunning on the water coloured background. Cannot wait to try those beauties myself, chasing the postlady everyday :) No luck yet ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another gorgeous card, Kylie! I love your butterflies and background!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful colours and lovely butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What gorgeous explosions of colour Kylie, a perfect backdrop for the beautiful butterflies!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kylie, I LOVE those beautiful butterflies! Great color choices too...really make the butterflies "pop" off the card!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.