Saturday 15 August 2015

Have you played yet?

Hi there! Just a quick reminder for you that our challenges at HLS are still open to enter. In fact, you have until the end of the month.

Here is my mid month inspiration for you -



I made this card for our Christmas Challenge which is


My sparkle was created by die cutting some ornaments from gold glitter paper and embossing in gold on the middle ornament.

The sentiment is from the Mixed Christmas Sentiment set from Happy Little Stampers.

I really struggled to photograph this card. The next photo was taken with the sun streaming through the window and straight onto the glitter.




I used a small hole punch at the top of the ornaments and combined gold and red embroidery thread to 'hang' them up. They are actually adhered to the card with foam squares.


The next card I made is for our CAS Challenge using Butterfly Birthday stamps.



I embossed the middle butterfly, created a mask out of a post it note and then stamped and embossed the second and third butterfly then the sentiment.

Using a wet brush and then my brushos, I laid down the colours.






I hope you will find the time to play along this month!


Thanks so much for looking xx



11 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards Kylie. Love your gold glittery goodness ... and the sentiment looks awesome on the middle ornament. LOVE your white embossed butterflies with the brushos. Great colours!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous cards Kylie, do love those masked butterflies. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, love the Christmas sparkle, those heat embossed butterflies look stunning. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty sparkly ornaments! And I LOVE those embossed butterflies with the artsy background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gold ornaments and their sparkle!! But even more I love your butterfly card - fabulous colours around the heat embossed butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your reminder cards are wonderful. I really especially love the water coloring on the butterfly card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Kylie, and I specially love the sparkle on the baubles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE both of these Kylie my friend! Sorry I have been remiss with my visits lately, but I have had an awful time with the internet . . . and it seems to be ongoing . . . only managing sporadic comments and posts! Have a lovely day my friend! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great card! I love the golden glow on your Christmas card. This very elegant card.
    I love your stamps butterflies. They are unusual. Great background who prepared for them. I love so melt-paint.
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers.
    hugs
    BozenA DT HLSCC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another gorgeous butterfly card, Kylie! Love the design and splashes of colour. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the card... those sentiments are so much fun to play with... I am having a blast.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.