Monday 5 August 2013

Very excited!!

Hi everyone!! I was finally able to sit down with mum and do a bit of cardmaking yesterday. We are preparing something each for the upcoming challenge at ATSM on Wednesday morning. I can't wait to share with you what mum comes up with.

The reason for my post today is to share a card with you that I have made for my god daughter's upcoming birthday and it is something I have coloured using Spectrum Noir pens. 

Speaking of Spectrum Noir.... my stash of pens is building nicely. I have some awesome news too. Over on the Spectrum Noir blog, you have the opportunity to become a certified colourist using their pens. I decided to watch their tutorials and send off my accreditation test. Guess what? I passed! Notice the blinkie on the top right hand side of my blog? That's showing you that I am now certified!! Yay! I wasn't expecting to pass the test on the first try but the wonderful Jennie Black sent me an email letting me know I had passed - I was over the moon!

So, onto my card -



I have used a digital stamp from Tiddly Inks called "Wryn Spring Bling". I have printed her onto blender paper. 

I used a couple of tutorials for this image. Her hair was done using a tutorial by Lis M and the background was done using a tutorial by Dilyana Kupenska.

There is just a wealth of information on this site and especially if you are just starting out using the Spectrum Noir pens.

Here are the colours I have used on this image -

Background - TB1, TB2, TB3, BT4. Blender
Dress - TB1, TB2, TB3
Flowers - PP1, PP2, PP3, PP5
Face - FS1, FS3, FS4, FS9, CR3 (blush)
Hair and shoe - GB2, GB8, GB10, EB5

The papers are all from Stampin Up. The sentiment is from the Sketched Birthday set and cut out using my Itty Bitty dies (SU). 

The ribbon I pinched from mum's stash.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -

Tuesday Throwdown - Birthday Party
Polka Doodles - Birthday Girl
The Ribbon Girls - Birthday Card
613 Avenue Create - AG with twist to use a sentiment

That's all for me today. I will see you back here on Wednesday. Take care!

Thanks so much for looking xx

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Kylie, I'm interested in spectrum noir as an alternative to copics as I don't have any alcohol markers at the moment. Your image is beautifully coloured :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card and fab colouring. Congrats on getting the accredited colourist. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week. Karon, DT Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Kylie, congrats! Your coloring looks great and the card is super cute. Thanks for sharing the tutorials too. Enjoy your family time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not surprised you passed Kylie, your colouring is just lovely on this little cutie of an image! Your god daughter is bound to love this sweet girly card. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card and gorgeous coloring (congrats!), Kylie! Fabulous bow. Thanks for playing along at 613 Avenue Create this week.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great coloring, very nice composition! Thanks for dropping this off by our house at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your card in the 613 Avenue Create challenge I entered as well. LOVE your card! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Love your colouring!! Thanks for joining us at Polka doodles!!! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your certification! Your card is very lovely and she is sweet! Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Kylie-this is fantastic news and this card shows you deserve it! I really love the background.
    And so pleased you and your Mum are crafting and really looking forward to seeing these tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, such a sweet image and amazing coloring. Thanks for visiting us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kylie,
    Just popping over to Congrat you on being the winner over at Tuesday Throwdown :) I wanted to come & see your design, which btw is wonderful. I love your colouring & the colours are gorgeous. Congrats on you passing the test & becoming accredited! What an accomplishment :) You must be so proud & so you should be :) Thank you so much for sharing. Hugz, Lisa.

    P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like :)

    Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
    Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful hair and background - you've really done a great job coloring this image, Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your card is amazing. thx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card! Thanks for participating in the www.7kidscollegefund.com challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.